MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Lockdown – creativity

• Jung Roe

23/06/2020 at 06:34

Cat humor 1

• Jung Roe

23/06/2020 at 07:02

If that didn’t do it, how about this?

SENIOR TRYING TO RESET PASSWORD

Windows: Please enter your password

User: cabbage

Windows: Sorry, password must be more than 8 characters

User: boiled cabbage

Windows: Sorry, password must contain 1 numerical character

User: 1 boiled cabbage

Windows: Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces

User: 50damnboiledcabbages

Windows: Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character

User: 50DAMNboiledcabbages

Windows: Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively

User: 50DamnBoiledCabbagesYouIdiotGiveMeAccessNow!

Windows: Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation

User: ReallyPissedOff50DamnBoiledCabbagesYouIdiotGiveMeAccessNow

Windows: Sorry, that password is already in use

• Jung Roe

21/07/2020 at 22:10

Back in March when the pandemic first hit and the world went into a tail spin of isolation, fear and paranoia with supermarket shelves getting cleared empty as a result of hoarding, and scapegoating and violence on the rise etc, survival type of movies and videos started to resonate with me.  There were plenty of post apocalyptic don’t get eaten by zombies survival kind of movies on netflix that I got tired of very quickly, but it was the 100 days alone survival in the wild kind of movies and hiking videos that focused in on the qualities you need to survive like conserving, overcoming obstacles, being resourceful, creative, smart etc that I began to appreciate more.  Concepts like minimalism felt quite liberating.  The little things we take for granted, can be the difference between life and death when things change, that we should appreciate more.  It’s like the Corona Virus put a spotlight on all the shortcoming and faults in the world, and revealed a lot of hidden truths.

Anyway videos like this kind of puts things in perspective for me, is kind of relaxing, and shows some truth about life and the world.

https://youtu.be/8Ch2vBkVUQQ

• Jung Roe

27/07/2020 at 03:40

Keeping the sanity during Covid – Let’s Escape to Idaho!

Check list:

-Load all 9 MLT album MP3s to smart device

-Pen and notebook in case of inspiration

-Camera

-Toothbrush, tent, and food for 5 days

-Bear and Mosquito sprays to keep the bears and mosquitoes off you.

https://youtu.be/3SykjY3GdMs

• Jung Roe

05/08/2020 at 07:22

In Nature:

Beethoven Quote

• Jung Roe

09/08/2020 at 05:59

Thought I’d share an inspiration I came across today.

Was listening to the CBC radio podcast this morning and they talked about Nathanial Baldwin, a Mormon inventer who lived in Utah.  Around 1910 the US military solicited input from scientists for designs for a device that functioned as headphones (a pair of telephones that were fashioned into a headset).  They received hundreds of proposals that were filed, but according to US Navy Lt Comdr AJ Hepburn who was in charge of the project, there was one that stood out.  The prototype and design submitted by Nathanial Baldwin was accompanied by a letter written in purple ink on blue and pink paper.  AJ Hepburn noticed  Nathanial’s design from the big pile because of the funky looking ink and colorful paper.  That made it stand out from all the others, and went on to become the design for the new headphones that would ultimately be adopted by the US Navy, and that design would carry on into the modern headphones and earphone pods used today in our favorite smart phones.

This just goes to show how a little extra creativity in even the most apparently superficial things like unique looking ink and paper can make the difference.  Of course Nathanial Baldwins headphone design was brilliant and stood on it’s own merit, but if he had used just plain ink and paper for his letter like everyone else, his proposal could have just gotten lost in the pile with hundred of others and remained filed unnoticed.  Another lesser innovative design could have been chosen.

Here is an excerpt from another article:

Right now, while you are reading this blog, there is a good chance that you have headphones in your ears, as you simultaneously listen to music.
    Headphones are probably incorporated into some part of your day, whether it’s during your morning commute, at the gym or while at work; odds are that at least once a day, you listen to some sort of media via headphones.
    We are going to give you a brief history about those little ear buds that allow us to individually listen to music and interact with media, even when in a noisy setting.

Now, we have Apple’s EarPods and Beats by Dre to name a few. But, before these headphones ever came to be, it all began in 1910 when Nathaniel Baldwin invented the first pair of headphones in the kitchen of his Utah home.
    The legend goes like this: Lt. Comdr. A. J. Hepburn of the U.S. Navy received a prototype for a pair of telephones that were fashioned into a headset and accompanied by a letter from Baldwin that was written in purple ink on blue and pink paper. Initially, the message was disregarded by Hepburn. But, after he finally tested the device, he found that the invention worked surprisingly well in transmitting sound.

Anyway, this is the fountain pen/stationary junkie side of me getting excited! ?

• Jung Roe

17/08/2020 at 06:02

As Covid seems to linger on in many places, nature is a good place to escape to these days.  Wild flowers, volcanoes, hiking above the clouds, is a nice change of venue, even if it is virtual.  This place is not too far from my neck of the woods in the Pacific North West of North America.

Let’s escape to Goat Rocks Loop in Washington State

https://youtu.be/Zkzl7nVZyp0

• Jacki Hopper

21/08/2020 at 05:44

This is my latest….done with using my newly acquired paint brush markers I bought at an art supply store…

[C.] JackiHopper2020 ~

20200821_003738

• Jung Roe

22/08/2020 at 03:16

Very nice Jacki!  Looks like those new paint brush markers are giving wonderful colour depth.

Here is my creative efforts lately.  Caught in the act, doing some broken G Major chord inversion practice.

https://youtu.be/NQFjKPoEyak

• Bill Isenberg

22/08/2020 at 13:44

Jung,

Sorry not a good artist, but love all the drawings posted here, such talent and fun! Don’t know if this counts as a lockdown creativity? But when My little Grand Daughter Maddie is getting a bath, I put on U Tube and put on the Mona Lisa Twins music and she sings along with them. So cool to me and she loves Wide Wide Land and Two Of Us.

• Jung Roe

22/08/2020 at 22:19

Thanks Bill for sharing that.  All things creative and MLT appreciation related are welcome here!  🙂

• Jung Roe

12/09/2020 at 23:31

Like all forms of art, I think a good movie is one that leaves you with some feelings, insight, or inspiration of some sort.  Watched a movie the other night about this young girl and she’s developed an insecure complex with her name, Murphy.  Whenever something would go wrong around her, people would tease her, it’s Murphy’s Law.  One day she complained to her dad,

“…why did you name me Murphy?  You know about Murphy’s Law, “Anything that can go wrong will go wrong”.  Her dad looked at her lovingly and said, that’s not it at all.  “Whatever can happen, will happen”.  I thought that was an interesting insight into a phrase that is normally very fatalistic, so I researched Murphy’s Law, and like what I found:

*******************************************************************************

How Murphy’s Law Works

You’re sitting in eight lanes of bumper-to-bumper traffic. You’re more than ready to get home, but you notice, to your great dismay, that all of the other lanes seem to be moving. You change lanes. But once you do, the cars in your new lane come to a dead halt. At a standstill, you notice every lane on the highway (including the one you just left) is moving — except yours.

Welcome to the aggravating world of Murphy’s Law. This idiom says that whatever can go wrong will go wrong. And it may just be right. This isn’t because of some mysterious power the law possesses. In reality, it’s us who give Murphy’s Law relevance. When life goes well, little is made of it. After all, we expect that things should work out in our favor. But when things go badly, we look for reasons.

Think about walking. How many times have you reached a destination and thought, “Wow, I walk really well”? But when you trip over a curb and skin your knee, it’s a pretty good bet you’ll wonder why this had to happen to you.

Murphy’s Law taps into our tendency to dwell on the negative and overlook the positive. It seems to poke fun at us for being such hotheads, and it uses the rules of probability — the mathematical likeliness that something will occur — to support itself.

I found this really humorous, an extension of Murphy’s Law, called Murphy’s Grave Law.  In engineering in order to prevent failure in a system, they often create a “fail safe system” to make things idiot proof.

“Fail-safes are also referred to as “idiot-proof.” But Murphy’s Law still has a tendency to strike, even when care has been taken to ensure against failure or catastrophe. This leads us to the last law we’ll relate to Murphy’s: Grave’s Law, which states, “If you make something idiot-proof, the world will create a better idiot.””

• David Herrick

13/09/2020 at 01:20

I like Grave’s Law, Jung.  It reminds me of something I once heard at a talk given by Edward Teller, the father of the hydrogen bomb.  He was about 90 at the time, but he was talking about a concept he had developed for a nuclear power plant that was completely self-contained deep below the surface and inaccessible to humans, and had feedback mechanisms that would shut the whole thing down if anything went wrong.  He commented, “The only way to make nuclear power foolproof is to deny access to the fools.”

I’m also a big fan of Cole’s Law.  It’s basically shredded cabbage with vinegar and mayonnaise.

• Jung Roe

15/09/2020 at 05:18

David, I guess that is the big challenge to engineering for ages, there is no limit to the potential of a fool or idiocy.  I like coles-law too, especially the Colonel Sanders kind.  🙂

• Michael Thompson

13/09/2020 at 02:18

Don’t forget the first corollary to Murphy’s law:

Murphy was an optimist.

• Jacki Hopper

13/09/2020 at 19:43

This just came to me now:

” Certified Positivy-fied Groovified Amplified”

The sounds and vocals

Harmony intertwined

Creative collaboration  defined

Uplifting

Emotions conveyed

Open for your interpretation

How it relates to you

In perspective

Not strayed

The renditions

Originals

Respectful and well made

Genuine and true

Just discover them

You’ll be captivated and transformed

The MLTBuzzLuvGroovy Effect bestowed upon you

Lifetime Guaranteed

Awesomely fab and satisfied

Their presence in our lives

Cannot be denied

Eminate and Embrace

Inspiring and Motivation

Helps to put out negativity

In whatever the situation

Couldn’t  be any better if one tried

Certified  Positivity-fied Groovified Amplified…

[C.]JackiHopper2020 ~

• Jung Roe

15/09/2020 at 06:03

Very nice Jacki!  I wish poetry could just flow spontaneously like that with me.

Page 5 of 6

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!