• Minor Typo in Lyrics

Posted by David Herrick on 07/12/2019 at 21:15

I’m learning to play “Close To You” on ukulele, and I noticed in the Orange chord booklet that the very end of this song is rendered as “gave passed” rather than “have passed”.

David Herrick replied 4 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    08/12/2019 at 01:55

Great that you spotted that! Thanks for letting us know, we fixed it and replaced the files.
    Close To You on Uke?? We’d love to hear that!

• David Herrick

08/12/2019 at 02:40

You’re welcome!  I actually printed out the page a month ago, and I can’t tell you how many times I gave passed over the typo without seeing it.

Trust me, you don’t want to hear me play.  I just started a few months ago (inspired by you), and it’s all I can do just to get all my fingers in the right place at the right time.

• Howard

08/12/2019 at 05:01

We don’t have to be maestros to enjoy the pleasure of seeing a piece of music come together by our own hands, David. I still remember the joy I felt as an infant in primary school in my first year learning the piano and finally, after practising scales constantly every day, being able to play tunes on the piano from reading the music chart.

• David Herrick

08/12/2019 at 06:40

You’re right, Howard.  I do enjoy the achievement of hearing myself play… but I can’t imagine that anyone else would!  At least not yet.

• Darryl Boyd

08/12/2019 at 09:44

Just wanted to say that I picked up your deliberate typo in post #66757 David 🙂

• David Herrick

08/12/2019 at 16:20

Thanks, Darryl.  I went back and forth on including that, but something told me to busk for groans and eye rolls.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!