• Jacki Hopper

02/03/2019 at 12:43

Of course .. BTO rox… Canadian iconic legends in Canadian Rock N Roll… I’m a Canucker here too… I know who ya mean by – – EH ????????… How about The Tragically Hip?! .. Mind you yes back in the day… Even before I existed… And growing up… Alot of great ???????? R&R bands and music came out..  I had borrowed from library awhile back ago… A great DVD featuring early days ????????Canadian Music Scene… Oh… Ronnie Hawkins.. (I did not know for the longest time he wasn’t originally Canadian  until awhile back ago…)… In this DVD .. There were bands that I then found out who were behind some songs I’ve known growing up but never knew exactly sang them…

I can see MLT being more than capable of doing any  guitar-enthusiasm song with complete confidence… Original and coversong-wise… We’ve witnessed it… We know it can be done… For me they can equal or even slightly better the original as their take just sounded a tad better????????☮️????????????????❤️????????????????????????️????????????✌️????????????

• Howard

02/03/2019 at 14:45

Okay Jung, I have a similar story to tell, but I have to swear you to secrecy. Back in the early 1970s, two of my brothers and I (and a couple of friends), were at our mother’s place (she was out), listening to Pink Floyd’s ‘Dark Side Of The Moon’, in the dark and in quadrophonic (it was all the rage then). Of course we had the system turned up really loud and like many young people of our generation, had been smoking that hippie green stuff. Yep, just like the Beatles would have been doing in the mid sixties!

Well eventually someone looks up and notices two uniformed policemen standing at the open door trying to get our attention. As we managed to compose ourselves and turn the sound down, (we’d been lying on the floor), they said, ‘do you realise we can hear this down the other end of the street’? Apparently, unbeknown to us, that’s where they lived. When we assured them we would keep the level down they left. Of course we closed the door and then wondered how come they hadn’t smelt that rather distinctive smell in the room. We put it down to either they were being friendly neighbours, or all that incense we used to burn in those days. Now you know why incense was so popular in the sixties and seventies! Also, fortunately for us our mother never found out!

As for Mona and Lisa in their small village outside Vienna, with I’m guessing not too many close neighbours around, their eminently more sensible than me father would have had his studio appropriately soundproofed for both his needs and that of his two beautiful, young daughters who were equally passionate about music. Well that’s how I’d imagine it anyway, and like you, I just can’t imagine what sort of person would feel the need to complain about anything Mona and Lisa do. Apart from each other of course, just watch one of their Q&A videos!

Now if I was communicating with Lisa, I’d be suggesting that next time she experiences a blackout and was looking for inspiration, she try listening to ‘Dark Side Of The Moon’, preferably with headphones if she hasn’t already. I’m fairly sure papa Rudi has, being a ’70’s progressive rock kind of a guy!

• Jung Roe

03/03/2019 at 04:55

Thanks for sharing your story Howard.  I know the feeling of listening to Pink Floyd with the volume turned right up high in the dark.  Use to listen to Pink Floyd on my dad’s high end stereo (JVC Turn Table, Akai Amp, and some 100+ watt per channel speakers with massive sub-woofers, mid-range and tweeters).  Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Comfortably Numb etc.   They sure sounded awesome and crisp on vinyl through those powerful speakers.  Pink Floyd had some great guitar sounds and the sound effects really are something else.  I have a feeling Mona and Lisa understand what we are talking about because I believe they are Pink Floyd fans too, but great suggestion about listening to Dark Side of the Moon or Shine on You Crazy Diamond in a black out with head phones, or massive wide open speakers if there is sufficient sound proofing in their place.

• Jung Roe

03/03/2019 at 05:08

Jacki, I had a feeling you would chime in when I started talking about BTO.  What music hip kid growing up in Canada in the 70’s/80’s wouldn’t know the BTO experience right?  I also like Bryan Adams and songs like Summer of 69.  Classic rock and roll sounds there. He actually grew up near where I live and graduated from a high school not too far from mine about 4 years before me in North Vancouver BC.  I’ve heard of Tragically Hip a lot, but not really familiar with their songs.  Will have to take a listen later.  Do you remember Trooper?  Another great Canadian Rock band from those days.  “We’re Here for a Good Time”, “Santa Maria”, “Oh Pretty Lady”, “Two For the Show”.  They did some awesome songs.

I agree with you, any of the great guitar sound songs mentioned, I have no doubt Mona and Lisa could interpret and play on par or better than the original.

Page 2 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!