Tagged: 

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    22/08/2019 at 00:47

Hi Howard!

Overall, loved the movie! It was a Father’s Day present so the whole family went (equipped with snacks and blankets). Doing anything outdoors in the UK is always a gamble but thankfully it didn’t rain!

It was the first time Mona and I watched the whole thing. We’ve seen other Monty Python movies and sketches and several clips from it but never in one sitting from start to finish. We’re glad we did it though, and it really was the perfect setting. We think it’s all the little details that make the movie work so the more attention you can pay the better.

There’s obviously the very British, silly humour which we love but as you said it’s the underlying satire on politics, religion and society that makes it such a classic movie that has already proven to stand the test of time. None of the topics really aged which you could say is rather tragic! But it makes the movie work to this day (and probably for a long time to come) 🙂

Ni!

• Howard

22/08/2019 at 03:36

Well said Lisa. Unlike the movie, your reply is quite sensible!

No problem with rain here. In fact we could do with some. I can’t remember when it last rained. A beautiful sunny day at the moment with a maximum temperature of 26 predicted, and this is our winter.

It’s a pity we can’t swap some of our sunshine for some of your rain.

• Jacki Hopper

22/08/2019 at 22:32

I recall seeing this during my High School years, I think it was in Grade 11 or my final year of Grade 12 …I do enjoy Monty Python stuff ( Thanks to my 2 nd oldest bro for exposing me to it  ! ) , this is indeed an all time classic, and so glad all enjoyed it , and being outdoors to watch it, just added to the whole thing.   UK Humour…..Of its Finest…..

• William Nau

23/08/2019 at 00:58

I had a chuckle when I saw the MLT social media post. 44 years ago I took a beautiful girl on a date to see Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It was the first real date for both of us. I do remember we didn’t understand the British humor. But beyond that, I don’t remember much about it. Maybe I was paying more attention to her than the movie. It must have been okay. She said yes to a date the following Saturday and we have been married 35 years. I will have watch it again with her. Maybe this time we will pay more attention to the movie and catch the little details Lisa mentions.

• Jung Roe

23/08/2019 at 01:33

Awesome story William!  Congrats on 35 years.

• William Nau

23/08/2019 at 22:37

Thank you Jung.

• Jacki Hopper

23/08/2019 at 18:55

Yes… Happy 35th William and to your wife…. Monty Python Luv Magic!!

• William Nau

23/08/2019 at 22:38

Thank you Jacki.

• Dale Harris

23/08/2019 at 23:05

One of my high school friends was early in receiving HBO in 1976, and “Monty Python and the Holy Grail” ran several times a day…we found that this film requires several viewings as you will always spot something you missed the last time!

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!