Tagged: 

• More Bowie Please!

Posted by Howard on 07/08/2019 at 10:23

The year after ‘The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars’ album (‘Starman’), Bowie released ‘Alladin Sane’ and then his ‘Pin Ups’ album (both 1973). Pin Ups was a collection of covers of his favourite 60’s songs at the time. These included songs from The Who, Them, The Pretty Things, The Mojos, The Yardbirds, The Easybeats and The Kinks.

One of the covers from the Pin-Ups collection, “Sorrow” was originally performed by the Merseys — it was a smash hit in the UK.

As a follow up to their ’Starman’ Bowie cover, I would love to see MLT cover “Sorrow”. I can imagine Michaela accompanying them on alto sax and Rudolf on piano as Lisa sings to Mona. Maybe this could be a teaser for who  is the “evil twin”. Now I’m not necessarily suggesting anything here Mona!

I have substituted “eyes so true” for “eyes of blue”.

“With your long blonde hair and your eyes so true
    The only thing I ever got from you
    Was sorrow
    Sorrow

[Verse 1]
    You acted funny trying to spend my money
    You’re out there playing your high class games
    Of sorrow
    Sorrow
    You never do what you know you oughta
    Something tells me you’re a Devil’s daughter
    Sorrow
    Sorrow
    Ahh, ooh, ooh

[Verse 2]

I tried to find her ’cause I can’t resist her
    I never knew just how much I missed her
    Sorrow
    Sorrow

[Chorus]
    With your long blonde hair and your eyes so true
    The only thing I ever got from you
    Was sorrow
    Sorrow
    Oh-oh-oh-oh
    Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh”

I still have my vinyl copy of this.

https://youtu.be/MRVgKaqrHSc

Jacki Hopper replied 5 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jacki Hopper

07/08/2019 at 20:22

I only ever saw Bowie live in concert once… It was an outdoor concert during our SuperEx time in the city and my one of my fave bands I was into at the time (80s were my teen yrs) – – Duran Duran were opening for him… I think it was the Spider Tour… I recall Spider theme… Lol… Anyways, and I had also seen Ziggy Stardust in movie theater at the time it came out too…. And I owned the Let’s Dance album… My 2nd oldest bro probably had Bowie stuff in his albums collections at the time, provably still has, as I could imagine him having so… Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth to Bowie talk here…

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!