MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion More MLT Cover Requests

• Jacki Hopper

25/01/2020 at 00:43

Yuppers… The Stampeders, another Canadian fave band of yesteryear I enjoyed the music of growing up as a kid in the 70s and teenager in the 80s…David…you have great Canadian music tastes ?????????

• Darryl Boyd

29/01/2020 at 11:55

Has anyone mentioned I’ve Just Seen A Face by the Beatles yet?

One of my faves.

• Jung Roe

01/02/2020 at 20:20

This Beach Boys gem really resonated in my head for a long time in the 70s when I first heard it.  They still made some great music occasionally after Brian’s breakdown in the laste 60s.

https://youtu.be/PBkA4-U4MPk

Harmonies in this song would be right in MLTs wheelhouse.

• David Herrick

01/02/2020 at 20:45

This is a very nice atmospheric piece, Jung.  I wasn’t familiar with it.  I can picture it playing as the end credits roll on a Beach Boys documentary.

Checking Wikipedia, I found that it was released as a single fifty years ago this month.  As to authorship, Brian said “It was written by me and Mike and Joe Knott, who was a friend of mine who wasn’t a songwriter but he contributed a couple of lines. But I can’t remember which ones!”

• Jung Roe

01/02/2020 at 21:12

Hi David, released 50 years ago this month, wow I had no idea!  I bought that record I think  back in the late 70s and was one of the most stand out songs on their album.  Thanks for digging up info about it!

• Jung Roe

01/02/2020 at 21:17

This song certainly resonates the spirit of the 60s like John Lennon’s Imagine with the lyrics:

“The world could come together as one, if everybody under the sun, add some music to your day…”

• Jung Roe

08/02/2020 at 06:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xTttimcNk

Always loved this Pink Floyd classic from the Wall.

• David Herrick

08/02/2020 at 15:45

With this one MLT could really let their hair down as it were.  Plus its vibe is as unrelentingly positive as are Mona and Lisa themselves.  How could you not like someone who befriends frogs and wishes joy to fish?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp7KfG9AjaY

• Howard

08/02/2020 at 16:57

Yes, ‘Joy To The World’ does have that positive MLT vibe David. Who would you have singing the lead vocals?

As for this ‘Joy To The World’, I think they’ll have to wait until the 2020 festive season.

https://youtu.be/-Xo64Q2ucQ8

• David Herrick

08/02/2020 at 18:20

I’m sure either of them could handle the lead, but I’m thinking Lisa because I picture it as sounding similar to “This Boy Is Mine”.

Pentatonix seems to be a pretty talented group.  I didn’t know about them.

• David Herrick

09/02/2020 at 18:25

By the way, here’s the origin story for Three Dog Night’s name, from Wikipedia:

The official commentary included in the CD set Celebrate: The Three Dog Night Story, 1964–1975 states that vocalist Danny Hutton’s girlfriend, actress June Fairchild (best known as the “Ajax Lady” from the Cheech and Chong movie Up In Smoke) suggested the name after reading a magazine article about indigenous Australians, in which it was explained that on cold nights they would customarily sleep in a hole in the ground while embracing a dingo, a native species of wild dog. On colder nights they would sleep with two dogs and, if the night were freezing, it was a “three dog night”.

• Jung Roe

09/02/2020 at 21:04

That’s hilarious David about the origins of a 3 dog night.  I don’t recall where I live it ever got past a one dog night ?.  Well maybe a 1 dog and 1 cat night.  But when my dog Max let one off after a big treat which was more often than not, you had to clear the room, never mind the bed, so usually it would have been a no dog night.

• Jacki Hopper

09/02/2020 at 21:22

Yuppers… I love 3 Dog Night stuff… Grew up as a kid in the 70s listening to them on radio and always loved Joy to the World….. It’s the only song that I like where a frog is referenced… “Jerimiahwas a bullfrog”… As I’m not a real frog fan at all… Just Kermit and that singing frog from Bugs Bunny cartoon…. As for real deal frogs, nope, not a fan…

• Dexter Beane

10/02/2020 at 14:47

With your love of that 60s guitar sound, I would really love to see how you would do some of the songs recorded by The Byrds.  (I believe you did “Mr. Tambourine Man” live when you were young – but your sound has evolved so beautifully over the years.)

Songs like “Turn Turn Turn”, “It Won’t Be Wrong”, and the Gene Clark-written songs “I’ll Feel A Whole Lot Better”, “Set You Free This Time” and “The World Turns All Around Her” (or”Him”)

Another might be:  “Wild Mountain Thyme”

• Howard

10/02/2020 at 15:02

Yes Dexter, “Mr. Tambourine Man” was recorded during their 2007 concert in Austria when they were just 13. You will find video links for many Byrds requests in the Topic “MLT Cover Requests”. The original version got to over 2,400 views but is still accessible.

If you haven’t done so already, I recommend you pop over to the ‘Store’ and purchase a copy of “MonaLisa & Band Live in Concert 2007 – Double Album CD”. It’s an excellent Album. There are also YouTube videos of the concert available.

Page 1 of 3

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!