MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Most Popular Songs Each Each Month In 60’s & 70’s

• Jürgen

20/01/2022 at 18:37

Hi Pascal. Thanks for your “little time travel” through the top ten of the 60s and 70s. I would also like to name my personal number 1 at this point, but there are just too many great songs.

• PASCAL

20/01/2022 at 18:49

January in 1969 is quite strange.

• Jürgen

20/01/2022 at 19:28

Yes very strange, but not unusual in the history of rock and pop. As far as I know, the song Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da was not released as a single by the Beatles and that’s why the Scottish band Marmalade was able to land a number 1 hit in the UK with their cover version. They are said to have worn Scottish kilts during their presentation. Well.

Later in the 80s and 90s there were often two versions of a song in the charts. For example, the song “Self Control” by the Italian singer Raf, which was covered by Laura Branigan in the same year. I never understood why a song was covered so quickly.

• PASCAL

20/01/2022 at 19:42

80 SONGS when the Original is less known than the Cover

https://youtu.be/O9G6mVo_AbQ

• Jürgen

20/01/2022 at 20:13

Thanks that was very interesting, Pascal. That’s practical: just wait until the next generation of music fans grows up and you can sell the old songs again 🙂 Just like in the fashion industry.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!