Tagged: 

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    20/03/2019 at 13:06

That depends on the specific song and if we think we can do the song justice. Although it might look like we have a preference for a certain genre we in fact are quite open to any style. It’s just that we feel some genres fit us better than others.

Live we’ve already had a go at some old R&B tunes like “Hit The Road, Jack” or “Please Mr Postman”. If you mean Motown as a more generic style we can say we even tried a James Brown (who refused to sign with Motown – Gordy’s “…acts were a little too soft for me: too much pop, not enough soul”) tune but the result was rather hilarious. We remember doing „I feel good“ and trying to sound like James Brown at the age of 13 rather unsuccessfully 😉

For now, our main focus lies on our original music again (though we will definitely put out new covers until the next album comes out).

• Stephen Krogh

20/03/2019 at 16:19

Lisa, your (and Mona’s) incredible artistic instincts have certainly been “spot on” throughout your careers so far. Even with such a large body of work to date I can honestly say I have never heard a song that MLT has done that I didn’t love. I don’t think I could say that about any other of my favorite groups over the years (and that’s a lot of years). I can hardly wait for your next album!

• Francis Gerald (Jerry) Chamness

20/03/2019 at 17:54

Hi Lisa, thanks for answering! I second what Stephen Krogh so eloquently said, and I agree that I also have never heard a MonaLisa-Twin’s Cover or Original that I didn’t absolutely love. And, I would have loved so much seeing you and Mona performing “I Feel Good” when you were thirteen.

When I think R&B I do think of James Brown (who also happens to be from South Carolina), but the list goes on and on: Marvin Gaye, Tina Turner, The Temptations, The Tams, The Drifters, Jerry Butler, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, Gladys Knight, Percy Sledge, Eddie Floyd…. I know I am passing over a lot of artist, but so much to choose from. Anyhow, just a thought. I know you are doing the right things and I love everything you are doing!

Thanks, again, for answering and keep Rocking and staying GROOVY!

Lots of Love,

Jerry

• Howard

20/03/2019 at 19:36

Good golly miss molly! I didn’t know you had performed “Please Mr Postman” live.  Do you do the Motown version or the Beatles version? It’s a pity it wasn’t videoed like some of your other covers. I totally agree with Jerry and Stephen that you are doing everything right and I also love everything you do. James Brown at 13! Now that would be something, but what would be even more special would be seeing you singing “Singing In The Rain” at the age of four, standing on that sofa with Mona, at home!

• Rick Ross

21/03/2019 at 00:20

Hello Ladies,

There was a Jackson 5 song you did as the final encore song at the show you did when Itso saw you. Though I don’t recall the name of the song Itso asked it as a trivia in IFC. It followed Mercedes Benz.

Thanks Ladies.

Rick

• PASCAL

24/08/2021 at 17:20

Didn’t they sing “I want you back” ???

• Jacki Hopper

21/03/2019 at 03:53

Good Q… Love Lisa’s reply and the other replies on this topic… I would like to throw in a couple out of left field kinda ones…. Patsy Cline as she kinda crossed from country to jazz to pop … I could imagine MLT rendition of a Patsy song…. Especially ballad style…  Or why not some Johnny Cash…. Buddy Holly ……if a song strikes the right chord and vocals… Give it a Groovy Whirl…. I have utmost confidence in whatever could be tackled ..  It Can and it will rock n roll. . That’s my 2 cents worth????????????????????????????️????????????????????

• Jung Roe

21/03/2019 at 04:14

Hi Lisa.  Wow, Motown would be an interesting genre to cover!  As others have said,  whatever Motown one you choose, I think you would knock it out of the ball park as you always do.  You and Mona have a special gift at interpreting and creating truly remarkable covers with your own style and sound while staying true to the original.

If you decide to do a Motown cover one day, Little Eva’s “Locomotion” perhaps might be fun.  It has an irresistible dance swing beat but with some guitar riffs and MLT creative magic it could be quite interesting.  Grand Funk did a rock version of it in the 70’s, and Dwight Yoakam a country version, Carole King etc all did their own versions.

I’m sure others more versed with Motown may have even better ideas  🙂

Happy Spring to you and Mona in Liverpool!

21/03/2019 at 13:04

Great suggestion, Jung Roe! Locomotion is a great song. One that came to my mind is, The Miracles’ “Shop Around.” Locomotion might be better, but I agree with you: anything they do is going to be a home run!

21/03/2019 at 13:11

Thanks, Jacki! I agree. Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, love Patsy Cline… Lisa and Mona could do anything, any genre,… so many songs! My brain is fried. ????

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!