• David Herrick

05/07/2020 at 19:40

Jacki, it sounds like you’ve got a good mix of creative and analytic processes going on.  I’m looking forward to what you finally settle on.  (No rush, though!)

Jung, once I’ve finished fine-tuning the song and have practiced it enough to get through it without any mistakes, I’ll certainly share it.  Right now I’m being naughty and trying to throw in a non-Ionian chord here and there to spice things up a little.

I’d love to hear what you can come up with on the piano!  Given this deeper understanding of music theory, I’m very optimistic about the possibilities for songwriting.  It may not change the world, but just to be able to tell someone “here’s a little song I wrote” would be very empowering.

• Jung Roe

20/07/2020 at 22:58

Here is a very moving video I came across a little while ago that I thought I’d share.  Conductor Benjamin Zander illustrates the emotional power of music in his explanation of a Chopin piano piece.

If you can ignore all the talk of classical music, and focus on his explanation of the short piano piece, you will find it quite illuminating, as it apply to any genres of music.

https://youtu.be/r9LCwI5iErE

• Jung Roe

24/07/2020 at 05:34

As this post is getting long in the tooth and unwieldy, it’s continued under new post “Music as a language 2

Page 7 of 7

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!