MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion My favorite MLT cover

• My favorite MLT cover

Posted by Johnnypee Parker on 05/02/2021 at 05:24

at least for tonight (my favorite song list changes a lot)

Steve Harley’s The Best Years Of Our Lives

This performance is one of my favorites. Their somber faces capture the mood of the song. Beautiful strong voices for a beautiful song. It gives me goosebumps every time. It’s like..Do I have to spell each letter out, honestly!

I have a feeling as soon as we see the next Duo Session, I will have a new favorite. Won’t we all?

JP

Lynn T. Newcomb replied 3 years, 7 months ago 8 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Jung Roe

05/02/2021 at 05:47

Hi JP, what a great question, that could be very hard to answer, but I am on the same page as you here, “Best Years of Our Lives” sends shivers when I hear it, and I have to stop what I am doing to take it in. Just so much feeling and depth in their singing. Their vocals and harmonies are second to none.

San Francisco would have to be my all time fave cover of theirs, then Best Years and some other equals or close 2nd, 3rd,…for me might be “Imagine”, “Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy”, and “Walking In The Air”, but in Best Years of Our Lives, both Mona and Lisa are giving it their all with their vocals. Absolute breathtaking magic!

https://youtu.be/jxUlkky3oII

• Jung Roe

05/02/2021 at 06:13

Let me hear it one more time. “….be sure to wear some flowers in your hair…”

https://youtu.be/kiJ9mob9veU

• Jacki Hopper

05/02/2021 at 13:03

That’s Picking Mission Impossible…lol… They’re All Equal in my mind but for today, I’ll echo in with ” Best Years of Lives” between the vocals and Mona’s harmonica/blues harp part in it… #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified Goosebumps all the way …????????

• Michael Thompson

05/02/2021 at 15:38

Off the top of my head I’d say “I’ll follow the sun”, “Daydream”, “God only knows”, “Little drummer boy/Peace on earth” and all of the Cavern Club CD.

• Michael Rife

05/02/2021 at 18:11

It’s between This Boy and If I Fell. If forced, I would pick If I Fell.

• Jim Yahr

05/02/2021 at 21:43

My fav would still have to be the one that got me here: “You’re Gonna Lose That Girl”, but “Wish You Were Here” is a close second.

• Thomas Randall

05/02/2021 at 22:12

A little hard to pick a favorite, for me Please Please me and Drive my car maybe at the top. Tonight you belong to me a close second. SO many great covers by these 2!

• Johnnypee Parker

05/02/2021 at 23:50

I love how a lot of us are challenged to pick a favorite, as Lisa said,”it’s like trying to pick a favorite child” (remember Mona’s reaction to that? Hilarious)

As I said, my list of favorites is a work in progress. Wish You Were Here takes the lead sometimes, but like Jung said, there is something about The Best Years Of Our Lives that once it starts, I have to stop, look and listen. OK, it is the same for Wish You Were Here…we’re just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.. goosebumps

It looks like “the one that brought ght us here” is a popular favorite. But now there is a collection of new favorites on its way. Whoa is me LOL

Omg, when I typed LOL, auto correct wanted to change it to LOLA ????

TGIF!

JP

• Lynn T. Newcomb

06/02/2021 at 01:17

Pre 16, I’d pick “Hotel California”. Post 21, I’d pick “Wish You Were Here”. !6 to 21 it’s tough to call, but I think I’d go with “Catch the Wind”.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!