• Howard

19/08/2020 at 05:00

Hey Joe, my post wasn’t meant to be taken personally. I do appreciate your many contributions to the Club Forum but do reserve the right to make my views heard when I feel appropriate. I have plenty to be critical of in the music industry and that is the main reason I am a MLT supporter. They represent all that is beautiful and and wholesame in the music industry and fortunately they are able to do this by being truly independent and not compromised by the industry.

There is a good reason why the DC5 went from being the Beatles main competitor in the United States for two years in 1964 and 1965 and relative unknowns today. Compare that to the Beatles legacy. It’s called kama!

Yes, everyone comes with their baggage, but can you really think of any serious musician with the baggage of Dave Clark?

• Jacki Hopper

19/08/2020 at 05:03

Another Canadian band gem, I recently discovered upon:

https://youtu.be/KXaw1dLeFBU

• Howard

19/08/2020 at 05:32

Some nice videos there of bands I wasn’t aware of jacki. Thanks for sharing.

• David Herrick

19/08/2020 at 07:30

Jacki, when I listened to the first video, the intro immediately made me think of Seasons in the Sun.  Then I saw in the second video that one of the members of that group was Terry Jacks!

• Jacki Hopper

19/08/2020 at 07:41

Lol…delayed reaction David…lol…yes, that’s another fave song from Terry & Susan Jacks & Poppy Family  I love …”Seasons In the Sun”

• David Herrick

19/08/2020 at 08:05

Okay, I guess I could post a video here.  This is an amusing little number from the final performance of the Weavers (Pete Seeger’s group), shortly before Lee Hays died:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuAUG-AxweQ&t=93s

• Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 15:48

You know Howard, You have a right to make your views heard. Just like I have a right too.

The music was put on for enjoyment and fun by ME. I personally think you are too critical. One everybody has eyes, ears, heart and mind. I myself never like critics. I think each person should make their own minds up. I think you go overboard. You should lighten up. Especially over things you can’t change or control.

I hear you about the industry. But that a two way street. Now a lot of artist do things independently from producing, marketing and what ever else. With technology changing the whole playing field. You have to be talented and lucky to make it. Yea I heard all the horror stories from the big labels. Funny all the groups we like. Made it on those big labels. Today it is much harder to do it on your own and be profitable and successful. Bands don’t make money on there finish product anymore. Cd’s ,albums don’t bring a lot of money to the artist. Like the old days. Now people download what they like. Meaning on a album it may be one or two songs for under 2 dollars. To make it today you have to tour and make a name for yourself.

As far as baggage with Dave Clark 5. I really don’t care. It’s like saying who the hell was Paul McCartney to tell the John, George and Ringo they should go with the Eastman to manager their careers, What Paul no conflict of interest there. Yea Right. I really don’t care about that stuff. Apparently you do.  That’s fine but I don’t want to hear about it.

Do me a favor don’t send me a novel back make it as a synopsis.

• Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 16:15
  • Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 16:18
  • Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 16:22
  • Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 16:26
  • Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 16:28
  • Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 16:30

Figures it let me copy paste this one

• Joseph Manzi

19/08/2020 at 16:33
  • Howard

19/08/2020 at 16:34

Unfortunately Joe, I get the message “This video is unavailable”.What was it? I may be able to find it via another source.

Page 3 of 6

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!