MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion New Mark Lewisohn interview on Beatles

• New Mark Lewisohn interview on Beatles

Posted by Darryl Boyd on 30/04/2020 at 10:23

Some of you might know of Mark Lewisohn who wrote a comprehensive book on the Beatles a few years ago.

There is a thread somewhere with a picture of  MLT meeting Mark. I thought I’d post this there but can’t find it using the search feature unfortunately.

Here’s a recent interview with Mark containing plenty of Beatles stories you might enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P_dKmxKU50

Jim Yahr replied 4 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jung Roe

30/04/2020 at 22:53

Enjoyed watching this interview, thanks for posting it Darryl!  Interesting story about how Pete Best’s mom winning a horse race might have had a big factor in the Beatles development, although I have a feeling the Beatles with their talent would have thrived anyway.  Loved the discussion about the various photos of the Beatles in the late 50s that emerged, especially that 1958 photo of John, Paul, and George where George appears as a very young teenager  and is much shorter than both John and Paul, and a photo taken a year later shows George grew a few more inches and is the same height as both John and Paul.   That is so cute, and goes to show their really close knit origins and how they grew up together in the early days, unlike many other bands that just came together as a business deal.

• Jacki Hopper

30/04/2020 at 23:11

Interesting Darryl… Thankyou for sharing… I was not familiar much with Mark.

• Thomas Randall

30/04/2020 at 23:41

Mark’s “Tune in” Vol. 1 is a MUST have. As well as his “The Beatles: Recording sessions”. He really knows his stuff. Thanks for the video!

• Jim Yahr

02/05/2020 at 03:28

Thanks for this – Good to hear he’s still working on Volume 2.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!