MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Nothing Is In Vain – In these trying times

• Jung Roe

19/04/2020 at 01:10

I never heard this song before until I heard Mona and Lisa’s brilliant cover (I’m Yours – Jason Mraz).  It is such a beautiful and uplifting song, and the lyrics are so inspiring.  Love the lyrics.  The acoustic guitar playing is wonderful.

There’s no need to complicate.
    Our time is short.
    This is our fate,
    I’m yours.

D-d-do do you
    I’m yours, yeah, yeah, yeah

Well, open up your mind and see like me,
    Open up your plans and damn you’re free.
    Look into your heart and you’ll find

Love, Love, Love, Love

Listen to the music of the moment people,
    Dance and sing
    We’re just one big family

https://youtu.be/5gmvezk4YeU

Here are all the lyrics.  Sing along with MLT, it’s guaranteed to lift your spirits.  🙂

“I’m Yours”
    Well, you done done me and you bet I felt it
    I tried to be chill, but you’re so hot that I melted
    I fell right through the cracks
    Now I’m trying to get back

Before the cool done run out
    I’ll be giving it my bestest
    And nothing’s gonna stop me but divine intervention.
    I reckon, it’s again my turn
    To win some or learn some.

But I won’t hesitate
    No more, no more.
    It cannot wait,
    I’m sure

Our time is short.
    This is our fate,
    I’m yours.

D-d-do do you

Well, open up your mind and see like me,
    Open up your plans and damn you’re free.
    Look into your heart and you’ll find

Love, Love, Love, Love

Listen to the music of the moment people,
    Dance and sing
    We’re just one big family

And it’s our God-forsaken right to be loved, loved, loved, loved, loved

So I won’t hesitate
    No more, no more.
    It cannot wait,
    I’m sure

Our time is short.
    This is our fate,
    I’m yours.

D-d-do do you

I’ve been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
    And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
    But my breath fogged up the glass
    And so I drew a new face and I laughed.

I guess what I’ll be saying is there ain’t no better reason
    To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons.
    It’s what we aim to do.
    Our name is our virtue.

But I won’t hesitate
    No more, no more.
    It cannot wait,
    I’m sure

Our time is short.
    This is our fate,

Sky is yours.
    So please don’t, please don’t, please don’t…
    ‘Cause our time is short.
    This oh, this oh, this is our fate.
    I’m yours.

D-d-do do you

• David Herrick

19/04/2020 at 01:40

I have the same history and reaction regarding this song, Jung.  Before hearing MLT cover it, the only point of reference I had concerning the songwriter was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4mhxw3dSd4

• Jacki Hopper

19/04/2020 at 01:57

Lol… Both to Jung and David… I was familiar with song before MLT covered it… I’m surprised neither of you are familiar with it  before now… It was played on radio alot…. I like it for it’s lyrics, quirky cute factor and good tune overall….

• David Herrick

19/04/2020 at 02:25

Well, Jacki, to hear it I would have had to tune the radio dial off of the oldies station, which would have been sacrilegious.

• Jacki Hopper

19/04/2020 at 02:34

Well David, to be fair.. The radio stns here, isn’t all that great in terms of music I like, or their formats… Just a couple, I only listen to radio to wake up to in the  mornings, my radio goes off after an hour and a half…. We used to have an oldies stn that was cool, then like all things, big media conglamorate Corp takes over and more or less runs the show… As to what radio stns, have to format to….etc… But it was on the stn I  wake up to that I heard “I’m Yours”… Had no idea who sang it, but right off the getgo, I liked the song lyrics, melody, quirky cute of it…. Lol… I love old school music, don’t get me wrong…. ???

• David Herrick

19/04/2020 at 02:55

Yes, it’s hard to find an oldies station around here nowadays too.  (I was thinking of the time that “I’m Yours” came out.)  I imagine it’s because their target audience of baby boomers is mostly retired now and not supporting the advertisers.  I get my “random” music from YouTube playlists now.

Thirty years ago, when I lived in Los Angeles, I could tune in a radio station out of San Diego that played only early rock-and-roll, from 1955 to 1965.  One of the disc jockeys was none other than Wolfman Jack!  That was a golden era of radio for me.

• Jung Roe

19/04/2020 at 05:53

LOL, funny video clip David.  🙂   Jacki, the official video of that song by Jason Mraz is quite nice too.  I have to admit when I discovered MLT, I had fallen away from the music scene for a few decades.  With the direction of popular music in the 90s, I lost interest in music of the time, in favor of classical music from 200 years ago instead.  Thanks to MLT I rediscovered a whole new world of music again including many Beatles gems I never heard before, as well as some current songs like I’m Yours.

Here is another beautiful one by George Harrison that can lift the soul, that says things quite fitting for these times.

https://youtu.be/Til-MWvtkf0

• Jung Roe

21/04/2020 at 01:36

As we come upon like week 6 plus of the lock down stay at home restrictions, I was humming this song in my head today.  Song makes you appreciate your home, that we often take for granted, but whether it’s an apartment, condo, or house, it is a blessing to have a cozy place to call home to hunker down in and feel safe these days by yourself or with loved ones.

https://youtu.be/b5VnWCBhVbM

For me it’s more like 2 racoons roaming in the yard  🙂

• Jung Roe

25/04/2020 at 07:34

https://youtu.be/2h9udS8mxkE

This song, made even more beautiful by Mona and Lisa, is very sweet lately for me.  Just the status quo we took for granted sounds awfully nice these days.  We will all get through these darker days, just hang in there everyone!  There is sunshine after rain.

BTW, awesome cello playing Lisa!  Was so impressed I remember seeing this when this video was first released.

• Jung Roe

29/04/2020 at 11:13

I came across this video today and found it a little uplifting.  Seems fitting for these times.

https://youtu.be/mK-K8iZLg_I

Things aren’t always what they seem.

• Jung Roe

14/05/2020 at 10:01

Best Years of Our Lives is an incredibly uplifting cover.  The power and grace of Mona and Lisa’s vocals truly shine here and give me shivers whenever I hear it.  This one just came on the Jukebox and I had to stop everything I was doing just to listen.  So breathtaking, such incredibly beautiful singing!!!  Kudos to Mona’s impressive Blues Harp.

https://youtu.be/jxUlkky3oII

When the current trying situation ends, and it will, and things return back to a new normal, I plan to live each new day of our livelihood like the “Best Years of Our Lives”, with gratitude in my heart!

• Jung Roe

14/05/2020 at 10:08

…And again, those angelic voices, so beautiful in “Catch the Wind”.  Both so moving.

https://youtu.be/0RrLkztaKLA

As Becky says, that was FANTASTIC!!!!

Page 2 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!