MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs Orange Album – Who Plays Trumpet

• Christomir Rackov

23/10/2018 at 04:59

That’s a great question, Howard. Now I am curious too. 🙂

• Michael Triba

23/10/2018 at 05:02

Count me in on that guys!  I found out what an awesome musician Michaela is during the Franzensdorf concerts!

• Rick Ross

24/10/2018 at 14:54

I think Mona plays the Trumpet. The girls did say other than their dad and John Sebastian, that they played All the other instruments.

I also think Mona plays the washboard on No More Worries Company.

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    28/10/2018 at 02:16

Michaela plays the sax and similar woodwind instruments where the sound is produced by vibration of a wooden reed.

A trumpet and a horn, however, need completely different fingering and the sound is produced by vibration of the lips. So the trumpet and horn were played by dad on the keyboard, with the help of a breath controller. That is a little gadget that simulates the mouthpiece of a wind instrument and is connected via cable to the keyboard.

We have a large section of instruments covered between the four of us but occasionally we use techniques like that 🙂

• Steve

28/10/2018 at 02:25

Wow Mona, that’s really interesting.  I never would have guessed.  It would be cool if your dad could do a little video demonstration of the different sounds he gets from the keyboard.

• Daniel Smith

06/11/2018 at 02:20

And here I thought it was Wynton Marsalis making a special guest appearance.  Somewhat disappointed. 🙁

• Christomir Rackov

06/11/2018 at 02:29

LOL!

• Howard

28/10/2018 at 02:26

Thank you Mona. Makes sense to me. I’m forever amazed by the sounds that can be produced from keyboards these days, and how they can completely fool us that they are not the real thing! Your Papa is very special.

• Howard

28/10/2018 at 07:32

I take it you mean by horn a French horn and not a tenor horn? I believe they have a very similar sound.

• Jacki Hopper

28/10/2018 at 17:53

Thankyou Mona, that was the NEW THING I LEARNED for today…I’m in awe of what all can be done  now in terms of special effects, etc for instrumentation ….Rudi Rox …aka TheMusicTechGuruGuy 🙂

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!