MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Question on wine ( need help )

• Question on wine ( need help )

Posted by Bill Isenberg on 24/12/2021 at 02:07

Club members or should I say family need some help, we all come from different parts of this world and I have a wine that I need some help on. It is called Yellow Tail Cabernet Sauvignon and I got this from my boss at work for Christmas and was wondering if anyone has tried this wine and your opinion? I plan on using this for Christmas Eve tomorrow night. It looks like we was made in Australia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Bill

Leaving Maddie off this one , only 8 and pretty sure she would not like this wine…LOL…

Roger Penn replied 2 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Paul Gagne

24/12/2021 at 03:13

Hi Bill,

I’ll preface this by saying I’m not a wine expert in any way, shape or form — I’m an occasional wine drinker living in Connecticut in the U.S. That said, Yellowtail is pretty readily available in the imported wine sections of many local liquor stores (you’re correct, it’s made in Australia), and their Chardonnay has become my most frequent inexpensive go-to wine. I’m always happy with it. I’ve tried their Cabernet Sauvignon as well and liked it, I just have a personal preference for white wines and Chardonnay in particular.

Enjoy it!

Paul

• Roger Penn

24/12/2021 at 04:16

I have had it many times and it is pretty good for what it is. What it is is a bargain mid-quality wine way better than boxed and generic wines, but certainly not a fine vintage wine that you’ll see Wine Spectator raving about. But it is very drinkable and great value for the price. Contrary to Paul, I’m a red wine guy, but I also lean toward dry wines, and their Pino Noir and Cabernets are pretty good. Of course the key to enjoying any wine to its fullest is what you pair it with, so a lot depends on what you’re eating tomorrow night.

• Jacki Hopper

24/12/2021 at 05:28

I’m sorry Bill, that I can’t help you out as I don’t drink wine or any alcohol stuff (except at Communion at church-even that tiny sip I’m not keen on….lol ), as I just stick with my Tea, Gingerale, 7-Up, OJ and Grape Juice, chocolate milk ……????

• Bill Isenberg

24/12/2021 at 16:11

Paul Roger and Jacki,

Thanks so much for your input. Great posts. The menu is Lasagna , Ham , Hot Sausage , Mac Salad, Potato Salad and green beans, so I think it might go well. I am not a wine drinker per say I love Light Beer and not a huge drinker at that but my boys make up for me…LOL…Oh Jacki same here at Church and love Chocolate milk my self. Oh yea and the wife is making Dirt dessert which is chocolate pudding, cool whip and chopped up Oreo Cookies…Yum!!

• Roger Penn

24/12/2021 at 19:13

That will go perfectly with lasagna. And maybe dirt, too. 😀

• Bill Isenberg

27/12/2021 at 17:22

Follow up gang, it was a hit! Very good with our meal and ran out so now I will buy some more for New Years Day. Thank you all for your help

Bill

• Roger Penn

27/12/2021 at 17:49

Excellent. Hope you all had a wonderful time!

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!