MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs Radio Air Time?

• Radio Air Time?

Posted by Tim Jarrett on 03/02/2021 at 12:19

I listen to the radio quite a lot while I’m working at home during the lockdown, but I’ve not heard any DJ play any of your songs! Have you had any songs played on the radio, and if not, do you ever hope to?

Jung Roe replied 3 years, 6 months ago 9 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    03/02/2021 at 12:20

Hi Tim,

We have quite a few independent radio stations that play our music from time to time and have been in more frequent rotation on Austrian stations, BBC Radio Merseyside or the Sirius FM Beatles channel. But it is not something we are actively pursuing as we think that the internet, streaming, YouTube, etc. has proven itself to be much more efficient in introducing our music to new people these days.

Sometimes we would still visit bigger BBC shows and do interviews to promote new music but to be added to their “regular” playlist you pretty much have to be signed to one of the big labels or pay a LOT of money. And to us that has a ton more drawbacks than it is worth 🙂

But always feel free to call your favourite radio show and request them to play our music! ♥

• Bill Isenberg

03/02/2021 at 14:46

I have Sirus XM radio and I was sooo excited when I heard a Mona Lisa Song on the Beatle channel! But Lisa is right, to go the route of a big label company etc is so expensive and the path they are on right now with their own Destiney is the right path to go on.

• Jeffery Ohlwine

06/02/2021 at 13:04

Im glad to hear MLT has been on the Sirius Beatles channel. I have that channel playing almost exclusively while in my car, and haven’t yet had the pleasure of hearing them there. I was really wondering why, but I guess I just haven’t been driving at the right time! Do you happen to remember which MLT song(s) they played?

• Jacki Hopper

03/02/2021 at 15:20

In agreement, regarding Bill and Lisa’s replies, I think here in Canada, most radio stations are corporately owned by big time companies and adhere to certain criteria, etc , perhaps independent run stations would have better chances of MLT radio airplay, I have emailed a few indie stations over the years… and the road path Team MLT have chosen is the perfect direction for them, ????

• Bill Isenberg

03/02/2021 at 16:56

So true Jacki, here in the USA big corporations own radio stations and the DJ’S Don’t have much say so on songs, and the worst part is? It is the same selection of songs everyday. And the artist they play have more than the selection we hear everyday. I feel Mona and Lisa and Pa And Michele have the right path and this to me leads to a long journey we all we be on with them and not a shot in the dark like some acts turn out to be

• Jacki Hopper

04/02/2021 at 02:15

Yes Bill, I echo in your sentiments on this…????

• Lynn T. Newcomb

04/02/2021 at 14:50

Hey, Tim, if you haven’t already, you should check out the radio Interviews in the archives of this site. A lot of fun stuff in these including some songs that can’t be found on YouTube, e.g. “Help!” I’ve got one word to say the Twins about that particular song: Duo.

• Michael Rife

06/02/2021 at 18:00

Yes, I have also heard MLT on Sirius a few times. The first time was on Peter Asher’s program on the Beatles channel and I about wrecked the car. In all I have probably heard them about 4 times. At first when I hear them I think it is nothing unusual because I play their CDs a bit. But, after awhile I realize it is on the radio and I get excited about it. Mike.

• Jeffery Ohlwine

07/02/2021 at 01:56

Thanks, Mike, good to know they’re at least getting some airtime there. I guess I’m just cursed to be listening at the wrong time. I tend to play their cds whenever I can while at work, and while in the kitchen at home, and play their vids on YouTube weekends at home. Car time is Beatles sirius channel. Probably the only drawback to living 10 mins. From work and less than that from shopping; less airtime exposure! ????

• John Leonard

09/02/2021 at 00:58

have heard mlt on Sirius Beatles channel many times.

• Bill Isenberg

10/02/2021 at 15:45

I remember seeing interviews with different groups saying how excited they were hearing their music on the air waves and I can appreciate that, I was jumping up and down when I heard the Mona Lisa Twins on the Beatles channel!! So cool and to me it is letting the world know that there are two wonderful Ladies sharing their god given talent to music and the path they are on is a good path and not a shot in the dark but a journey that we are all on and loving it.

• Jung Roe

25/03/2021 at 03:41

The best Radio Station on the planet is right here, aka “MLT Club – Jukebox”. Imagine if there was a way to inject all that beautiful inspired music into the radio airwaves across the world 7 X 24, 6 plus hours and growing.

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!