• Posted by Sara Pattern on 05/02/2023 at 11:37

I went to my first rave last night.Now before you go I just want to admit that the last time I went to a disco was in 1984 and remember dancing badly to Ghostbusters. So it came as a bit of a shock to see 30 and 40 year olds dancing and dressing in what I first thought was fancy dress but was in fact nineties gear. I’m 55 and felt out of place but I was at work as I was supporting a man with learning difficulties there. But the passion that was felt in the crowd was infectious and it reminded me of the passion that we have to music as a whole in this group so sign me up and I’m off to get a glow stick and some luminous clothes. Apparently it was a famous DJ Dave Pearce who after his set had a quick chat to the man I supported so a good rave at work ,which you can’t often say.

Sara Pattern replied 1 year, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jung Roe

05/02/2023 at 20:22

Sounds like an enjoyable time at the rave Sara. I can’t remember the last time I was at a disco or club, probably in the 90s some time. That photo looks intriguing and psychedelic. Passion is life.

• Jacki Hopper

06/02/2023 at 02:42

Wow…I don’t believe I’ve ever been to a Rave ….. But I did go to a non alcoholic dance club a few times, to my high school video dance parties ( MuchMusic , I think sponsored them )in my teens in the 80s ….in the 1990s to bars to dance in my 20s/30s , but I drank Pop as I don’t drink alcohol at all, never have/will ….. That’s Dab you ventured out to experience that …. 🤘🏻👍🏻👌😎

• Sara Pattern

06/02/2023 at 09:59

I must admit I rarely drink myself as I spent most of my life on call looking after my disabled son so at that time you never knew if you needed to get him to hospital at any time so there was that chance that I would have felt awful if I couldn’t have been there for him when he needed me. After he died It never really bothered me about drinking and I have since been out with friends and tried a shot once where you had to suck a slice of lemon before having the shot and the lemon tasted better than the drink. So never really missed alcohol in my life not that I’m against it but never become something that I need to enjoy myself with ,which In a way I’m kind of proud of as I think we all know people in life who are addicted to things that they can’t get off

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Sara Pattern.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Sara Pattern.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!