MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Rewriting Classic Beatles Mythology

Tagged: 

• Rewriting Classic Beatles Mythology

Posted by Howard on 28/12/2020 at 11:03

Director Peter Jackson’s rockumentary rewrites classic Beatles mythology.  

Extract from ‘The New Daily’ follows:
    “Director Peter Jackson is revising what you thought you knew about The Beatles and has gifted fans a sneak peek into his upcoming rockumentary, The Beatles: Get Back.
    It’s time to grow out your sideburns and mo’ because Jackson (Lord of the Rings trilogy) is taking viewers right back to 1970, with 55 hours of never-before-seen, digitally restored footage of The Beatles as they recorded their last studio album, Let It Be.
    But if you think you know the story and saga behind the infamous Let It Bealbum, which was recorded in the months leading to their dissolution, think again.
    Unlike Michael Lindsay-Hogg’s version from 1970 that famously focused on infighting between band members, Jackson’s film takes an alternative approach.  “I was relieved to discover the reality is very different to the myth,” Jackson said in a statement.
    Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, who disagreed with Linsday-Hogg’s portrayal of the band’s bickering, gave Jackson their blessing to revisit theLet It Be studio sessions.
    The Oscar winner’s preview tells a different tale of goofier, sillier times as four friends navigate superstardom and song writing.  “Sure, there’s moments of drama, but none of the discord this project has long been associated with,” Jackson said.“

Michael Rife replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Tom Fones

30/12/2020 at 14:41

My understanding is that the Let It Be was recorded before Abbey Road

but released later.

Where does this fit in with the rooftop concert?

• Michael Rife

01/01/2021 at 16:18

I could be wrong but I believe the Rooftop show happened during the completion of the Let It Be album.  The songs are mainly from Let It Be LP.  But, that could be more mythology than fact.  Mike

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!