• Thomas Randall

07/10/2020 at 00:36

He was one of the true modern day rock guitar heroes to so many young guitarists. He’s been battling cancer for awhile now. 65 is too young. A sad day…

• Jung Roe

07/10/2020 at 00:43

Van Halen guitar sounds were hard to mistake.  One of the greatest.

https://youtu.be/vl0TqgbVRaI

• Joseph Manzi

07/10/2020 at 04:11

Eddie solo’s  amazing

https://youtu.be/5HKSKzk00ZE

• Jacki Hopper

07/10/2020 at 04:36

My 80s Guitar Hero…actually in my top faves of all time guitarists, Thanks for your Guitaring Eddie, RIP ….

• Jung Roe

07/10/2020 at 06:32

Great video Joe

• Joseph Manzi

07/10/2020 at 12:43

Thanks Jung, Like I said he was a great guitarist who will be missed.

How you doing ?

• Jung Roe

07/10/2020 at 14:51

Hey Joe, I’m doing well thanks!  How are you?  Hope you have a groovy day today. ?  I will listen to some more Van Halen later today.

• Joseph Manzi

07/10/2020 at 15:29

Hey Jung, Really doing great, Yea I’ve been listening to them myself. I myself like more when David Lee was the lead man. I like Sammy Hagar. But I feel the music they made with  David Lee was their best.  Yea it’s a shame considering Eddie was only 65.  All I can say they must have a hell of a band in heaven.  The righteous brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPboPwGGkx0

• Jacki Hopper

07/10/2020 at 16:02

I was introduced to Van Halen, courtesy of my 2nd oldest bro, and being in my preteen-teen yrs when that occured, and saw what they looked liked…of course I had a crush on Eddie, after all, in my opinion he was was the cutest, sexiest one in the band, I always thought David was full of himself…and Eddie’s guitaring , that just added to his mystique and my crush on him even moreso…lol, and could play piano too…. Both David and Sammy brought their own flavouringsvto band but will agree, thst with David, it was more energized….Sammy to me,  just didn’t quite have the calibre to which David  posessed..,to me the best  VH years…the 80s for them?

• Jung Roe

07/10/2020 at 17:18

Joe, yeah as lead singer I think David Lee Roth was the singer I relate Van Halen to over Sammy Hagar anytime.

Jacki, I agree I think Eddie Van Halen’s guitar abilities is what made Van Halen.  David Lee Roth was a great show man on stage, and he certainly provided the bands signature vocal sound, but it was Eddie’s guitar virtuosity that made Van Halen remarkable and recognized in the music world as one of the great hard rock bands.

• Joseph Manzi

07/10/2020 at 18:15

Hey Jung,

An interesting fact about Van Halen. I was watching Daryl’s House and he had Sammy Hagar on. They did some songs and Daryl always feeds his guests. Sammy wanted to ask Daryl a personal question when they were eating. Which was, did Van Halen ask Daryl to join the band. Daryl said yes. But he turned them down. So in reality Hagar was second or maybe third choice. I like Daryl Hall it would have been interesting if he joined Van Halen. But we will never know.

Joe

• Jung Roe

07/10/2020 at 19:47

Hey Joe, that is interesting.  Daryl Hall of Hall and Oats fame is a great singer, but never thought of him that much as fitting the Van Halen kind of hard rocker vocals, but perhaps he could have brought more depth to the vocals than David or Sammy.

• Thomas Randall

07/10/2020 at 20:09

Daryl would have never fit in Van Halen. He’s a good singer but the wrong fit except for the slower ballad-like stuff. I like Hagar but not with VH. Roth was the perfect fit for them.

• Joseph Manzi

07/10/2020 at 23:08

I agree Thomas, It would have been different and I’m sure that’s why he turned it down.

But it would have been interesting. Maybe they should have went after Robert Plant.

But yes Roth was the best.

Joe

• Bill Isenberg

08/10/2020 at 00:26

Jung

I am with you RIP Eddie….only rocker how can rock and play the neck of the guitar and make it sing and rock out, Thanks Eddie your the best and I know Heaven is Rocking out right now…     Dance The Night Away EDDIE ……

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!