MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Rock n Roll in Cartoons…. and shows like the Muppets

• Jung Roe

06/08/2020 at 00:22

Never realized there were so many musical cartoon series David.  With the advent of color in the late 60s and early 70s they could do a lot more with the psychedelic rock music.

I like this one, with one of my favorite Floyd tunes.

https://youtu.be/2xPy-eelZBE

• Jung Roe

06/08/2020 at 00:33

Here is that same awesome Floyd song that someone ingeniously animated using Peanuts cartoon.  Really well done to match the lip sync to the song.

https://youtu.be/6FStEivMXGQ

• David Herrick

06/08/2020 at 02:00

Yes, very impressive!

• Johnnypee Parker

06/08/2020 at 02:41

I’ve seen that Peanuts one before, Jung.  It is pretty kool.  I love  when they are dancing at the disco.

I’ve been meaning to ask you, have you ever played the Linus and Lucy theme by Guaraldi?  I have one of those Peanuts music collection cd’s that I listen to a lot when I am skiing.  I always thought that song would be a challenge to learn.

For those that mentioned the Brady Bunch, you reminded me of this “Brady Kids Moment”

Here we are at Hampton Beach, NH in 1969.  I don’t know what’s better, my brother’s plaid shirt or my DIY haircut.  I am number three sibling.  This is me, age 4.  Holy crap? Who’s ready to Rock&Roll?

BradyKids

• Jung Roe

06/08/2020 at 04:42

JP, wow you were so adorable and all your siblings too.  Your sister’s pony tail looks especially cute!  Thanks for sharing that.

That Vince Guaraldi “Linus and Lucy” theme I think would be fun to do.  Kind of jazzy.  I can kind of envision the left and right hand fingering listening to it.  It’s odd that the few pieces I memorized in my early 30s when I took piano lessons I pretty much forgot.  I would have thought I’d retain something.  Maybe if I took lessons as a child I might have retained more.  This time if I can I will try to learn to sight read as I play so I can be able to play more variety of music instead of memorizing everything.  Well easier said than done.  Thanks for the suggestion, will look for the music.

Well here is my Brady kids moment from a picture taken around 1965 just before the family moved from S. Korea to Washington State.  I am the youngest there, at about 1 or 2 years of age.  My little sister came along about 5 years later.  We were one sister short of matching the Brady Kids complement.  🙂

Family0006

It’s funny after all the different hair styles I went thru over the years, my hair now looks basically like I did then.

• Jacki Hopper

06/08/2020 at 05:03

Lol…ok…here’s my idea of living the rock n roll dream…circa 1970s

[C.]JackiHopper2020 ~

20200805_235818

• Jacki Hopper

06/08/2020 at 05:05

Then went onto…

[C.]JackiHopper2020 ~

20200805_235737

• Jacki Hopper

06/08/2020 at 05:07

And so on…lol…

[C.]JackiHopper2020 ~

20200805_235639

• Jacki Hopper

06/08/2020 at 05:09

I learned, well tried to, from the best piano/organist teacher….my Aunt…lol

[C.]JackiHopper2020 ~

20200805_235852 I could easily be transformed into a cartoon format…lol….

• Jung Roe

06/08/2020 at 05:55

Very adorable Jacki, and it looks like you were no stranger to the piano.

• John Behle

07/08/2020 at 07:30

Jung, your picture of snoopy reminded me of a favorite I had as a little kid.  It was actually a pretty big hit here.  Snoopy V.S. The Red Baron  by The Royal Guardsman

https://youtu.be/wtJ1Gnh9wPU

Snoopy was my favorite.  I had a small dog kinda like him.  And cats too.  I love all animals – except maybe snakes.

• Jung Roe

09/08/2020 at 02:59

John, Snoopy is probably my favorite cartoon character too.  He is so adorable, and always loved his association with Schroeder, piano and Beethoven!  🙂

Schroeder and Snoopy cute

For the longest time when it comes to getting a dog I always wanted either a Shepard, Beagle, or Jack Russel.  I’ve had a Shepard already, so the next dog I get will be a Beagle or Jack Russel.  They are so cute!

• Howard

09/08/2020 at 03:25

Jung, I have also considered a Jack Russel or a Fox Terrier as I live in a flat and they are the perfect size for me. I have a friend who has a Fox Terrier that is very excitable and very friendly, however, he has never been trained so can’t be left inside, unlike my cat Luca.

I also looked after a Fox Terrier for three weeks last December and she was more my age and also had my arthritis so she was much more my pace. A very beautiful dog that was excellent company. She just required a couple of short walks a day to do her business, but also had a yard to play in. A young Jack Russel or Fox Terrier might just have a bit too much energy for me these days!

• Jung Roe

09/08/2020 at 10:58

Howard, a Fox Terrier with their neat shaped hair look so cute and elegant.  Sounds like some fond and memorable times back in December with that Fox Terrier you looked after.  Maybe another less active small breed of dog like Dachshund, Welsh Corgi, Bull Dog, Basset Hound, Pug etc might be an idea if you want a canine companion for Lord Luca.  If you got a puppy I’m sure Luca would be able to accept it and they would get along.  Years ago when we got Max as a little puppy we took him to see Milo at my sisters.  Initially Milo’s hair all stood up, but he realized Max was a puppy and did not attack, just cautiously sniffed him while Max ate all his food!  🙂

• Frank De Giacomo

12/08/2020 at 03:31

I feel terribly old reporting this, but the original Alvin and the Chipmunks did an entire Beatles cover album – which I still own an original pressing of…there are many videos of Alvin singing Beatles on YouTube.  I’m so spoiled by Mona and Lisa’s awesome covers…

Page 2 of 3

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!