MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Rock n Roll in Cartoons…. and shows like the Muppets

• Jung Roe

12/08/2020 at 05:30

Frank, that album if you have the original might be worth something, it’s a classic I am sure.  I read it came out in 1964, so a few years later and I would have appreciated it.  It sounds kind of neat, although I don’t think I could listen to the entire album in one sitting.  I think though if you took any Beatles vinyl and played it at the higher speed, 78 rpm it would sound like the chipmunks!  🙂  Or if you slowed it down it might sound like John, Paul, George and Ringo.

https://youtu.be/oo8SXP0x-PI

• Jung Roe

12/08/2020 at 05:32

Had to listen to one….

https://youtu.be/iUvoc9px6KY

• David Herrick

12/08/2020 at 05:55

I had a Chipmunks album as a kid.  We had a fairly old record player, so I was able to play it at half-speed (16 RPM), and it sounded pretty close to “normal” that way.

• Jung Roe

12/08/2020 at 06:37

It makes me wonder David if the Chipmunks aren’t just regular singers and their vocals sped up.  There must be an optimum speed where their music just sounds normal.  Maybe then the instrumentation sounds off.  They must do some fancy mixing of tracks.  Makes me curious.

• David Herrick

12/08/2020 at 06:49

Jung, according to Wikipedia, David Seville himself provided the voices of all three chipmunks.  It also says that he recorded the vocals at exactly half-speed, which makes sense because he’d just be singing in the same key but one octave lower.  The instrumental parts were recorded separately and not altered.

• Jung Roe

12/08/2020 at 07:36

Interesting David, so it is a clever use of multi tracking and manipulating speeds.  Thanks for digging up the info about it.  Alvin and the Chipmunks is brilliant and kudos to David Seville.

Now in honour of Lisa’s latest foray into a new instrument, the banjo, coming out in a new Duo Session video at a theater near you,  here is Kermit and Steve Martin doing the famous dueling banjos!

https://youtu.be/5gNuj8UkyC4

“You missed a note back there”!  Hilarious. Do musicians say that to bug each other after a set?  LOL

• Jacki Hopper

12/08/2020 at 13:33

That’s Classic Jung, I recall that duo…lol… I even got inspired awhile ago, before Covid hit, to borrow a banjo from the public library instrument loaning program they offer to tackle, try out, dabble around on as I’ve never played  it before but always love watching someone play it… the banjo was almost as big as me…lol

• Jacki Hopper

12/08/2020 at 13:38

While on the topic of The Chipmunks, this is somewhat related…

Growing up , amongst the family record collection of sorts was this classic to be enjoyed to listen to around, on Xmas Day, and I believe, I still kept it, as it’s  storage in my apt with stuff when we sold house yrs ago, I made sure, I kept it…lol…can’t  play it,  but I have it, that’s  what matters….a real old time gem keepsake:

20200812_082206

• Jung Roe

12/08/2020 at 19:53

[postquote quote=100173][/postquote]
    Jacki, it looks like you’ve made good use of the library’s musical instrument offerings borrowing the ukelele and banjo.  I’m tempted to try that, borrow a guitar maybe and give it a go.  I’m still interested in getting myself an acoustic at some point.

• Frank De Giacomo

17/10/2020 at 00:22

https://youtu.be/WmVd9F1fW00

I might be the only MLT member who saw this “Beetle” version from Sesame Street

pretty fun!Enjoy!

• Jung Roe

17/10/2020 at 10:30

That one’s delightful Frank, thanks for sharing it.

Page 3 of 3

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!