• Rudi's Song

Posted by Rick Ross on 09/12/2018 at 19:16

Hello Ladies,

My question concerns an idea for you next Christmas song. I’m wondering when you will do the Christmas song about your dad “Papa Rudi”?  Now I know you have heard and even sung the song????

By now I’m pretty sure I have you confused.

Have you ever heard the phrase, Hey Rudi! Or Rudolph won’t you guide my sleigh tonight???????? Yes, its RUDOLPH the Red Nose Reindeer.????  You could put a little red nose on Papa Rudi. I know he would be all in (hahaha) Having some Christmas Fun (that time of year)

Have a Very Groovy Week Ladies

Rick

Howard replied 5 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Howard

10/12/2018 at 04:43

Yes, that would be an interesting and novel idea. I can imagine Papa Rudi playing a red nosed reindeer, but who’d play Santa Clause? I think the Twins would need much more padding these days than with their previous Santa stunt! Then again, I think that Papa Rudi is multi talented and skilled enough to pull off both parts!

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    15/12/2018 at 20:59

We should have probably added the forum rule: Never ever, under no circumstances, life and death situations included, mention or god forbid SING “Rudolf the red nose reindeer” to Dad.
    If you treasure your own life’s safety we suggest you pretend you never even had this idea …

PS: The same goes for “A Message To You Rudy” 😉

• Rick Ross

15/12/2018 at 21:09

Point Taken Lisa.

Just a little Christmas fun and Spirit.

What was the question again? ; )

I can certainly understand “Papa Rudi’s point of  view.

• Christomir Rackov

15/12/2018 at 22:42

LOL!

• Howard

16/12/2018 at 00:32

Quite understandable Lisa. I really feel for your father at this time of the year. People can be so insensitive! “A Message to You Rudy” appeared on the debut album of “The Specials” in 1979. It was written and recorded by Jamaican-British singer Dandy Livingstone in 1967.

Rudy is short for “rude boy”, a term used to describe fashionable young street toughs in 1960s Jamaica. Standard dress for a rude-boy, black suit, loafers and a pork-pie hat. Your dad would look good in an outfit like this but probably best we don’t mention it as you advise! This song has also been covered by “The Clash” and Amy Winehouse covered it in various festival gigs. Thanks for the memories Lisa.

• Jung Roe

17/12/2018 at 01:51

I can empathize with your dad.  You don’t know how many times growing up I had “Row, row, row, your boat” sang to me, by friends meaning well, but I ended up hating that song. 🙂

• Howard

17/12/2018 at 04:38

Lisa, does the same go for ‘Run Rudolph Run’ the Chuck Berry song as covered by Keith Richards, a rocking little number!

“Said Santa to a boy ‘Child, what have you been longing for?’
    ‘All I want for Christmas is a Rock and Roll electric guitar’
    And then away went Rudolph whizzing like a shooting star”

“Run, run Rudolph, Santa has to make it to town Santa make him hurry, tell him he can take the freeway down Run, run Rudolph, reeling like a merry-go-round”.

https://youtu.be/KDMDMLF2j1A

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!