• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 18:00

Make that High Tide Green Grass

• Bill Isenberg

13/08/2020 at 00:34

Great points everyone, as a hard core Stones fan, I seen them on their Exile On Main Street tour in July of 1972 and the warm up was …..ready? Stevie Wonder! What an awesome show to say indeed. But total times is 8 different times and the last one was in 2015. And some would dare to say that Exile on Main Street was the best LP. But again a hard core fan? Yes it was a great LP but so was Goats Head Soup and IT’s only Rock and Roll etc…..Although I must say 1967 was a down year for both the Beatles and the Stones, just my opinion but from 1968 thru 1978 the Stones did make their mark in the 1970’s. So what my point is here? Look at the Mona Lisa Twins career , really have they put out anything that was less than lets say….quality? So in my book, these ladies and dad and step mom have it all together, own record label, and in control of their destiny. So they are not forced to put music out just to put it out. As I always say….their music and video’s are worth waiting for guys. Record companys pressure artist and groups to put music out in a certain time frame for stock holders etc….so Mona and Lisa have always put out great music either original or covers you know your getting quality music. I said it before the talent these lades have is off the charts. And I feel confident that their career will last well into the future. Really the vocals, Instruments , humor and honest to goodness love of their art is so nice to witness in this crazy world , my day is not complete unless I hear these wonderful ladies sing! I just wish I Could see them live in concert, and that will make my day like it did back in 1972 seeing the Stones as a matter of fact I know I will be more happy to see them in concert and I will be like a kid a Christmas opening presents!!! LOL…Oh yea today on my way home from work I had the Christmas Album On and Loved every minute of it!!!

Bill Isenberg A Huge Fan from Pittsburgh PA USA

• Howard

13/08/2020 at 01:00

Yes Joe, I was fortunate enough to see them live when they were at theIr peak, and with Mick Taylor on lead guitar. It would have been at the back end of the same “Exile On Main Street” tour that Bill saw them. It was An outdoor concert at the Milton Tennis Courts in Brisbane in January 1973, and it pissed down raining (it was our wet season).

I remember standing there in shorts, singlet, thongs and a raincoat. Can’t remember any warm up. It was probably dispensed with due to the heavy rain. The concert was scheduled for the night before but that was cancelled due to the rain. It in fact rained heavier the next night when it was held. They had a canvas cover over the stage for the band.

The only other time I saw them would have been around 2005, in an indoor venue, with Ron Wood on Lead guitar.

• John Behle

13/08/2020 at 02:15

I agree with your comments totally Bill.  At first, I was hoping the twins would put out more videos and quicker.  Naive on my part.  Others rush out a video every week for YouTube growth.  Yet with Mona and Lisa everything is absolutely first class.  On a scale of 1-10 it’s a 50.  I patiently wait now knowing it’s going to be a spectacular home run.  I used to bubble with enthusiasm hoping they would do one song or another that I liked.  Now I just hold my breath waiting for something they choose that is far better than what I might have wanted.  Some are totally new to me and amazing.  Anyway, they are just so high quality in all they do.

• Joseph Manzi

13/08/2020 at 02:50

Howard ,

That sucked you had to see them in the rain. If my memory serves me on the Ya Ya Tour

Ike and Tina Turner. I can’t recall the other two. Getting old. Memory not what it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtoWCqo9qKw

• Joseph Manzi

13/08/2020 at 03:23

Bill

Best for me  is Beggars Banquet next Let it Bleed.

• Howard

13/08/2020 at 03:41

I think you will find that BB King was on the bill for many of the American shows. As for “Get Yer Ya Ya’s Out” I bought the album when it came out. It was played at more parties I attended than any other record in the early seventies. As for seeing the Stones in the rain, we were all so stoned we didn’t care, and it would have been a very balmy evening here in the deep north (well almost), of Australia.

• Joseph Manzi

13/08/2020 at 04:31

They Stone when see the Stones

They Stone in the pouring Rain

I wish I was not so alone?

Everybody must get stoned.          I know the feeling….

Bedtime have a good one Howard…

• Joseph Manzi

13/08/2020 at 04:34

Forgot one important word you… as you see

• Jung Roe

13/08/2020 at 07:19

Wow Bill, you’ve seen the Rolling Stones 8 times, that’s impressive!  The Stones were scheduled to do a big concert where I am in Vancouver last April but it got cancelled due to Covid.  My favourite Rolling Stones songs would be Satisfaction, followed by Brown Sugar, Paint It Black, and You Can’t Always Get What You Want, but I also adore their ballads which I think are some of the best.  Angie, Wild Horses, and As Tears Go By.

• Jung Roe

13/08/2020 at 07:26

Here is another Stones song with a time reference:

https://youtu.be/B_0TOCR_OIk

• Jung Roe

13/08/2020 at 07:40

Here is a Beatles song, while it does not have the word time in it’s title or lyrics, I think it refers to the passage of time (now and then), and it starts off with the sounds of clock bells/chimes going off.

https://youtu.be/9v3670VVne0

• Joseph Manzi

13/08/2020 at 13:53

Song of the Day. Some Be Bop Deluxe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=169QX92Ka0s

• Joseph Manzi

13/08/2020 at 14:03

Change up Be Bop Won’t Let Me.

So I had to eat some humble pie…

Shine On   enjoy…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5QhnYrjJ3k

• Joseph Manzi

13/08/2020 at 15:34

Well Be Bop Deluxe did come through. The guitarist to this group is Bill Nelson. Very underrated. My Opinion. Any Be Bop fans out there…

• Jung Roe

14/08/2020 at 06:06

Joe, I’m not familiar with Be Bop.  The one you posted has nice instrumental guitar sounds.  Are they one of your favorite groups?

Page 5 of 8

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!