• Jung Roe

14/08/2020 at 12:07

Every second counts.

https://youtu.be/4Zc9O90neVc

• Joseph Manzi

14/08/2020 at 12:14

Good morning Jung

Great video’s… Life    We are all different and yet the same. Make the most of it.

Oh don’t forget your higher source…  Amen

• Jung Roe

14/08/2020 at 12:30

Good morning Joe.  Very late on the westcoast, couldnt fall asleep and remembered these videos from a while ago I thought would be a great addition to this post.  Anyway hope you have a great day where you are.  Bed time for me now. ?

• David

14/08/2020 at 12:54

This has been another great post from you Jung.  You and every one else have posted a lot of great videos.

Ok,  Howard and Joe, I’ll start a new topic  in general discussion about some of my favourite Dylan songs

• Joseph Manzi

14/08/2020 at 14:39

Sleepy Jung,   I know you are zzzz ing — To Answer your questions about Be Bob Deluxe.

They were a band in the early 70,s. They were ahead of their time. Bill Nelson the founder and writer and lead guitar. Everybody says this guitarist is great. Bill was and never got the credit.

He wrote is song called Honeymoon On Mars. Had this line in the song.  Flash Gordon’s ghost will never die. I was hooked from that point. Not sure if you know who Flash Gordon was. The original actor was Buster Crabbe. Science Fiction.  Here’s a sample you don’t have to watch the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh00vzA4aA4

• Joseph Manzi

14/08/2020 at 14:43
  • Joseph Manzi

14/08/2020 at 14:45
  • Joseph Manzi

14/08/2020 at 14:51

Hey Jung – It was nice see John on piano again. Thanks for sending that to me.

• Howard

14/08/2020 at 17:25

I’m surprised they’re not a band I can recall Joe. I thought I knew it all. “The Old Grey Whistle Test” was a great show and Be Bop Deluxe are not bad at all. With those outrageous outfits though, they definitely belong in my “Did The Seventies Really Happen?” Topic.

https://test2.monalisa-twins.com/forums/topic/did-the-seventies-really-happen/

Did The Seventies Really Happen?

• Howard

14/08/2020 at 17:58

I think this thread has got off Topic. Maybe Time to put it to rest. Following is a list from last year’s model.

15/02/2019

Stones: ‘Time Is On My Side’, ‘The Last Time’, Out Of Time”, Time Waits For No One’
    Pink Floyd: ‘Time’
    From Casablanca: ‘As Time Goes By’
    Jim Croce: ‘Time In A Bottle’
    Bob Seeger: ‘Old Time Rock & Roll’
    The Doors: ‘Love Me Two Times’
    Jerry Lee Lewis: ‘Another Place Another Time’
    Billy Joel: ‘The Longest Time’ and ‘Get It Right The First Time’
    Chicago: ‘Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is’
    The EasyBeats: ‘Good Times’
    Cyndi Lauper: ‘Time After Time’
    Jennifer Warnes: ‘I’ve Had The Time Of My Life’
    Petula Clark: ‘Sign Of The Times’
    Elvis Costello and The Attractions: ‘Man Out Of Time’
    The Beach Boys: ‘I Just Wasn’t Made For These Times’
    Jeff St John: ‘Big Time Operator’ (1967 Australian)
    The Kinks: ‘Where Have All The Good Times Gone’, ‘This Time Tomorrow’ and ‘Time Song’
    Commodores: ‘Three Times A Lady’
    Sting and The Police: ‘All This Time’ and ‘No Time This Time’
    Cher: ‘If I could Turn Back Time’
    Led Zeppelin: ‘Your Time Is Gonna Come’
    Tom Petty: ‘Time To Move On’
    Eric Clapton: ‘Tulsa Time’
    Crosby, Stills and Nash: ‘Long Time Gone’
    The Zombies: ‘Time Of The Season’
    Glen Campbell: ‘By The Time I Get To Phoenix’
    Beatles: ‘Any Time At All’
    Neil Young: ‘Comes A Time’
    Roberta Flack: ‘The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face’
    Deep Purple: ‘Child In Time’
    Bob Dylan: “The Times They Are A Changin’” and ‘4th Time Around’
    John Wait, The Babys: ‘Isn’t It Time’ and ‘Every Time I Think of You’
    Grand Funk Railroad: ‘Time Machine’ and ‘Bad Time’
    The Clash: ‘One More Time’ and of course the one and only …..
    MLT: ‘One More Time’ and “Once Upon A Time”

And dare I mention it in this illustrious Club: ‘Baby One More Time’ by Britney Spears.

But wait, there’s more!

The Allman Brothers Band: ‘Ain’t Wastin Time No More’
    Tony Orlando and Dawn: ‘Knock Three Times’
    Peter Gabriel: ‘Big Time’
    Eagles: ‘Wasted Time’
    Paul Young: ‘Every Time You Go Away’
    Prince: ‘Sign O’ The Time’
    Led Zeppelin: ‘How Many More Times’
    Poison: ‘Nothin’ But A Good Time’
    Michael Jackson: ‘Remember The Time’
    Culture Club: ‘Time (Clock Of The Heart)
    Asia: ‘Only Time Will Tell’
    The Guess Who: ‘No Time’
    Platters: ‘Twilight Time’
    The Beach Boys: ‘Time To Get Alone’
    Joe Jackson: ‘Got The Time’
    Daft Punk: ‘One More Time’
    The Cars: ‘Good Times Roll’

Zoot: “One Times, Two Times, Three Times, Four” and “It’s About Time”

And you all probably think this of me:

Styx: ‘Too Much Time On My Hands’
    Eagles: ‘Wasted Time’ and finally,
    REO Speedwagon: ‘Time For Me To Fly’

• Jung Roe

15/08/2020 at 00:36

I got this skeletonized pocket watch when I turned 50, in a funny way perhaps to remind me I’m getting old! 🙂  Having an engineering background seeing mechanical guts of watches, pens etc fascinates me.

Sometimes I just enjoy watching the beautiful movement of this watch with a magnifying glass for a long time, and it reminds me of the passing of time. As per the description I provided below, so much intricate activity goes on inside to keep time, the same way so much happens around us with each passing second. Looking at this watch for a minute ticking away and the balance wheel and gears moving, It all gives me an appreciation of time, how beautiful it can be, how precious it is, and how our world around us moves along every second in the same way. The beauty of a second!

A mechanical watch movement operates at approx 21,600 beats per hour, which means it ticks about 5 to 6 times a second.  The balance wheel which is the heart of the watch movement oscillates in circular motion 5 to 6 times a second slowly releasing the energy stored in the hand wound main spring. This slow regulated release of energy is what keeps consistent accurate time. The escapement and gear train, which looks like dual hammers swinging back and forth, hitting a regulated gear, acts like a brake taking energy transmitted from the mainspring through the gear train pushing equally metered energy to the balance wheel which in turn transfers energy through the dial train to the hands of the watch.

https://youtu.be/Aj1WPqQXo34

• Jung Roe

15/08/2020 at 01:08

[postquote quote=100430][/postquote]
    Thanks David, I’m glad you enjoyed it.  I thought that was a brilliant project “beauty of a second”.  Really shows how a moment as short as it is, can be precious and timeless in a sense like a smile or an expression made by your cat or dog etc.

Joe, yes I remember Flash Gordon and seeing some of those old black and whites, they were classics.  I remember the old special effect as they show a space ship traveling with flames coming out of the back pointing up and smoke rising from it.   The Be Bop videos are great, thanks for sharing them.

• Joseph Manzi

15/08/2020 at 01:30

I know what you need for your birthday.  A Time Machine…..  Tried to get image wouldn’t let me. Or back to the future. Take your pick

https://www.dreamstime.com/delorean-car-dmc-modified-as-time-machine-used-back-to-future-shown-travelling-fictitious-warp-entering-image172566129

• Jung Roe

15/08/2020 at 02:55

Due to the length of this post, will close it and continue on new post

Time and Songs about time 2 if you want to follow the link.

• David

16/10/2020 at 23:42

Yet another great posting from you Jung!

Love the Time Song from the Kinks. I never heard that before. Great song selections from every one else. I’ll add:

The Times They Are A Changin’:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90WD_ats6eE

Most Of The Time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQbr4ISrjII

This one is stretching it a bit. But in a small way its about time. Maybe more about regret.

Seen a shooting star tonight
    Slip away
    Tomorrow will be
    Another day
    Guess it’s too late to say the things to you
    That you needed to hear me say
    Seen a shooting star tonight
    Slip away

https://vimeo.com/208162938

Page 7 of 8

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!