Tagged: 

• Steel guitar

Posted by Jeffery Ohlwine on 23/11/2021 at 18:22

In the spirit of the”Orange” questions this month, I’d like to know something about the steel guitar in the “Waiting for the Waiter” video. Do you still have it, or was it rented for that video only? Also, was it tricky to learn, or more instinctual with your previous guitar prowess to fall back on? Gotta say it’s the perfect sound/look for that song/video! IMHO, at least.

Bill Isenberg replied 2 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    23/11/2021 at 18:23

Hi Jeff!

We still have that beautiful Resonator guitar and used it again on a new album track just a few weeks ago. It’s not something I play a lot but it comes in incredibly handy for adding slide guitar to recordings. It was a gift from Steve, who I think you know about 🙂

It definitely was tricky to get the hang of slide playing and we both had to invest a bit of time into learning the basics.

Like I said, it’s not something we use an awful lot so we’re no pros by any stretch of the imagination but it’s fun to try and make it work in a song from time to time.

• Jeffery Ohlwine

23/11/2021 at 21:16

That’s awesome, Lisa! It’s gorgeous, and I can’t wait to see and hear it on your new song! You both are self-depricating to the point of distraction! Your prowess with so many unique, diverse instruments is always impressive! I love that you have it as a reminder of Steve, an awesome and incredibly generous man we all miss. As far as slide and whammy aptitude goes, I think your “Sunshine Superman” video could serve as a great tutorial for anyone wanting to learn the technique!

• Bill Isenberg

29/12/2021 at 19:40

Jeffery

My thoughts exactly. Lisa the slide work you did on Sunshine Super man was excellent. I Did post that I hope Ronnie Wood or Eric Clapton heard you play on Sunshine Super man and see the talent and can rock with the best of them.

Bill

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!