MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs Tambourine smile.

Tagged: 

• Tambourine smile.

Posted by Jeffery Ohlwine on 27/07/2021 at 20:29

Mona, roughly 2/3 of the way thru the video for ‘Lola’ you flash the BIG tambourine-assisted ????. I remember seeing Ringo do this (though not nearly as exuberantly or charmingly) in a video for a Beatles song I don’t quite recall. Did you do this as a nod to your fellow drummer, was it scripted, or was it simply spontaneous you? It feels like lovably quirky, spontaneous you! I also ???? the angry drumstick eyebrows/cymbal hat clip! This whole video bursts of personality from all three Wagners involved! Only lacking Michaela, but we know she was there behind the scenes!

Jeffery Ohlwine replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    27/07/2021 at 20:30

Hi Jeffery,

I don’t recall ever seeing that clip of Ringo but I guess great minds think alike, haha! If great minds also played alike that would be even better but I’m still working on that! 😉

We were just being silly in between filming the actual video clips and decided to leave some of the footage in, so that’s how these little inserts came about. Just a fun, relaxed day in the studio.

All the best to you!

• Jeffery Ohlwine

27/07/2021 at 20:56

Mona, you continue to downplay your drumming ability. You’re so much more accomplished than you allow yourself to take credit for. Even back in the MonaLisa and Band video of ‘Ain’t No Sunshine’ your drum solo was incredible! Your giant, spontaneous smile when the crowd acknowledged your solo is one of the most joyous moments in MLT vids for me. There are many others, but this instance fits this post. As for the tambourine smile and drumstick eyebrows clips, I always assumed that was simply unbridled personality bursting forth! So glad to hear that’s the case!

• Dan

28/07/2021 at 02:53

Jeffery, are you thinking of the “Real Love” video?

• Jeffery Ohlwine

28/07/2021 at 09:58

Yes, Dan, that’s where I saw it! Thanks so much for helping me out with that! That’s been bugging me for quite awhile, and it was such a brief clip, a search of Ringo tambourine smile yielded no results. ‘Real Love’ was definitely where I saw it. Great how the MLT club community helps each other!

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!