• Tears of Joy

Posted by Joshua Sunshine on 09/02/2020 at 20:28

Just  to let you know , I played  your Duo video of  Good Day Sunshine  for  3 patients with  terminal  brain cancer and  they  tried to move in their beds and  cried of  happiness just watching and listening to the both of you.  I send you their tears of  joy  over the internet  and the  2 of you  should know that you are  having  a  major   effect on  people.  Blessings,Blessings and Blessings to the  2 of you  and your family.

Josh

Joshua Sunshine replied 4 years, 7 months ago 8 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    10/02/2020 at 09:42

Josh, this means more to us than we can express in words.

To know that our music can lift some darkness and bring a bit of light for those that need it is one of the most fulfilling reasons we’re doing what we’re doing. Thank you for sharing this with us ♥ We are thinking of your patients and send them our love and strength.

Many Thanks,
    Mona & Lisa

• Howard

10/02/2020 at 12:43

Well done Joshua. I’m not the least bit surprised Mona and Lisa’s music had such a therapeutic effect on your patients. It sure can sooth my mind when I’m troubled. The effect is doubled when one of their beautiful videos is involved.

• Jung Roe

10/02/2020 at 16:18

Thats so heartwarming to hear Joshua.  MLT make the world better with every song and video they make!  They touch people and make their lives better! ??❤

• Jacki Hopper

10/02/2020 at 21:22

Joshua, you’ve made me tear up with happiness in hearing this, please continue to do what you’re doing and offering MLT ‘s music as a therapeutic means to offer Positivity and Inspiration to all who face whatever illness and issues they live with??☮️

Thankyou for uplifting the spirits

• Thomas Randall

11/02/2020 at 23:39

WOW, What a wonderful thing to do! Well done! I know in the past almost 2 years these girls have helped me through a few rough patches as well. The magic of music is REAL.

• Jacki Hopper

12/02/2020 at 20:21

Ok, I could not pass this opportunity by, without being poetically inspired by Josh’s posting, so :

” Music Smiles”

A man  with his patients

Under his care

To help them therapy wise

To fulfill his purpose there

Along came his discovery of the MLT Twins

An idea came upon him

With wonderful and Positive reckonings

A magical Light of Recognition came upon them

Eminating a  reaction so profound

How beautifully theraputic

Was the Sound

Brought Sunshine Into Their Minds and Ears

Embraced all that was heard

Lyrics and  such

Conveyed much

Uplifting spiritsouls with calming touch

Far beyond many miles

Quite worthwhile

Music Smiles…

(c.)JackiHopper2020~

• Michael Rife

16/02/2020 at 03:58

Music has been called the sound that emotions make.  It is so heart-warming to know that their music brought happiness to those patients.  Something really to be thankful.  Mike.

• Michael Rife

16/02/2020 at 04:06

I also have a side story about music.  It is not well known but my wife and I have a daughter who is soon to be 31 years old.  She is mentally and physically handicapped and has the verbal level of someone around 3 to 5 years old.  She has had many physical difficulties and operations and on and on over the years.  Verbally she can put together 3 words in a sentence.  Now here is the part we cannot understand.  When she sings, she sings in complete sentences.  So, because of music we get to hear her speak in complete sentences.  As a result, music is a gift that we should never take for granted.  In addition to this she has a memory better than mine.  One day I was driving around in the car with her and “This Boy” followed by “Ticket to Ride” came on and she sang both of them perfectly.  I was dumbfounded because I knew it had been years since she had heard those songs.  And, yes, daddy cried some.  Mike.

• Jung Roe

16/02/2020 at 19:28

Hi Mike, that is a heartwarming story, thanks for sharing.  Music brings out the best in us, and it is a great healer and consoler.  Sometimes I don’t think there is anything as beautiful as music.

• Jacki Hopper

17/02/2020 at 01:14

Ok, here’s my story with music power…

My  late Mom, during her last 10 yrs of life, being a stroke survivor but severely left brain damaged and right side paralyzation but though her lost speech ability and speech limitations that she did have, she was still able to hear songs on radio, tv, during special  activities where a live band/musician would come in or during Xmas songs concert, she still had the ability to belt out the tunes not with vocals but tune-wise she still had that ability in tact, and hummed or sung saying, lalala, to the tune of the song,  and to me, that proves the magic power music has in any situation.

• Michael Rife

17/02/2020 at 03:18

Hi Jacki;

I know what you mean.  The last few years of my mother’s life she was in a nursing home and many of the people there could not talk much due to Alzheimer’s and other ailments.  But, every so often many of them would just randomly start singing songs from long ago.  And they knew all the words.  Otherwise they were speechless.  It was explained to me by some doctors that the memory of music is the last thing to go with Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.  Strange how the brain works…….or maybe it is a blessing.  Mike.

• John Behle

17/02/2020 at 07:10

Joshua and Michael.  Thank you so much for sharing these stories.  The healing influence and energy of Mona, Lisa, the family and their music is amazing.  So many lives touched.  Their gift to the world just keeps on changing lives and making them better.   Not sure how I would have made it through the last year and especially the last few weeks without their beautiful music and inspiration.  

• Jacki Hopper

17/02/2020 at 13:21

Indeed Music has proven to be of Positivity Healing and theraputical benefits…. And that makes me inspired and happy, I truly Believe in this???

• Jacki Hopper

17/02/2020 at 13:37

On a side note to my late Mom’s story to which I only remembered now and could not edit other post to add to it, so making a separate add on:

It was during her 10 years of Post Stroke Hell… And I was taking a course in conjunction with my work as I had pretty much began my career/continue to do, of being a HomeSupport Worker/Companion Sitter with the Elderly (I started working freshly graduated out of highschool after having spent my final yr of Grade 12 in the Co-operative Education Program, that allowed a student to explore career opportunities and sort out what career path to take, etc. – – My career path was obvious, working with elderly, no question)… Anyways, I can’t recall the exact course but for one of the class assignments, I decided to tape record my Mom talking, well garblewarble talk, and her singing of all songs, The Star Spangled Banner (she and Dad went every Labour Day Wknd to Oswego NY, to watch car racing held at car race track there for many years until Mom had stroke, Dad’s own health issues) Thankfully, I believe Mom did not spew out any foul swear words  during this recording, swear words for some reason came out clearly with her when she was upset… I still have that cassette tape, and looking back now, though not quite the way I wish to remember Mom at her best, but it’s nice to have her singing voice, lacking vocals but the tuning still in tact, it’s a keeper… Forever I’ll remember my Mom’s singing in her healthier times around the house, in the car, I told on many occasions, should be a professional singer… Maybe secretly that was her dream…

• Joshua Sunshine

17/02/2020 at 16:54

I have  read  many of your  comments . They are  all  heartwarming and  touching. I believe  that music  is  embedded deep in our  brains and has many many connections with the emotional  center ( possibly the  soul center ?!?!). May all of you and your loved ones be able to share  music like from Mona  and Lisa  for  many years to come.

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!