MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Thats Life – Meaning of life

• Thats Life – Meaning of life

Posted by Jung Roe on 30/01/2020 at 15:53

https://youtu.be/qX6NztnPU-4

Thats Life is a remarkable song that touches upon the great mystery of life.  Last summer we all collectively tried to solve that mystery for the Thats Life lyrics giveaway contest.  Can be found at Fun and Games – Giveaway section.  I dont know if we solved the mystery, but it was fun and we got a lot of great insights.  The Club is such a wonderful place.  Where else do you get to do that. Thats Life contain a lot of valuable insight and wisdoms about the meaning of life.

As a continuation and spirit of that give away post and discussion, I wanted to share this thought provoking and touching video about a 97 year old who wrestles with what is the point of life as he faces his own mortality.  If anyone has any insight into the meaning of life, please enlighten us all. ?

Jung Roe replied 4 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Jacki Hopper

02/02/2020 at 00:28

You just gotta crank that one up once a day, you just gotta…. ???

• David Herrick

02/02/2020 at 00:55

“That’s Life” has grown on me more than any other MLT original in the short time that I’ve known about their music.  I’m especially fond of the “dense” rhyming scheme, where in many places there is more than one pair of rhyming words per couplet.  It’s not easy to write like that, so any song that can pull that off really gets my attention.

• Jacki Hopper

02/02/2020 at 02:15

It’s pure Poetical to me that song amongst all their other originals ????????️

• Thomas Randall

02/02/2020 at 22:39

“That’s life” is definitely a great tune! Probably my favorite off of Orange.

The meaning of life can be found by watching other creatures. After all, humans are just another species of animal on this big blue marble we call “Earth”.

• John Brennan

03/02/2020 at 03:22

That’s Life – Another one of my favourites.

With regard to the meaning of life, I see that there is no meaning. My philosophy is this:

Life has no meaning, it just is.

Kind Regards

John Brennan

Perth, Australia.

• Jung Roe

03/02/2020 at 06:56

The meaning of life?

In that video, for me, his experience sitting on his porch looking out at the trees gave me a small glimpse.  At 97, despite what he said in his book about death 20 years earlier, he felt being alive is better than not.  There is some meaning there.  There is something there with “That’s Life” too.  It’s not something that can be easily articulated properly in words, but it is a feeling about appreciation of all that is good here and now for me.

• John Brennan

03/02/2020 at 10:51

Well said Jung.

• Jacki Hopper

03/02/2020 at 19:32

Life has many portals and pathways and etc…. It’s more than just a definition… It’s an ongoing poem that can change verses, add to or take away, you can rhyme and be in sync or go all over, It’s how one lives and attitude towards and how one has chosen to be…. It’s constantly evolving and open…. No right or wrong, Be mindful, Tuneful, creative, content, spirited, soulful, observe and be kind, treat others as you ‘d like to be…. Embrace and Eminate, Inspire, Be True To One’s self Being ???☮️

• Jung Roe

08/02/2020 at 03:04

Jacki, David, yes their lyrics are all so poetic with a more complex dimension to it than most songs.  The chorus repeat but not exactly the same.  It’s like a progressive revolution where upon the next revolution you are not exactly at the same spot.

That’s life that’s what you get
    You better not bet that it’s always
    Coming up roses

That’s life, nothing is set
    You better not bet it’s always
    Sugar and honey

Life, give it a chance
    Get up and dance and romance
    Get up and give it a chance

Life, give it a chance
    Get up and dance an romance
    Before the book closes

• Jung Roe

08/02/2020 at 03:13

The meaning of life can be found by watching other creatures. After all, humans are just another species of animal on this big blue marble we call “Earth”.

Good point Thomas.  I would add that the one thing that separate humans from the other animals is creativity.  While animals rely on instinct, can run faster, swim better, are stronger and quicker, have more enhanced senses,  humans have been given creativity to get us out of danger, and become the more dominant creature on this planet.

Just like our bodies are made to run/move, our minds are made to be creative/create.  So we always have to be creative to be happy and fulfilled is my guess as one aspect of the meaning of life.

• Jung Roe

23/02/2020 at 08:33

I was feeling a little philosophical tonight and came across this inspiring quote.

Nothing is In Vain – because your bad luck is your good luck if you perceive it that way:
    Marcus Aerilius quote

• Jung Roe

01/03/2020 at 19:57

In the spirit of MLT “That’s Life”, here is a short video I highly recommend.  79 years old Anthony Hopkins reflects on his life and tries to answer the age old question.  Some real golden nuggets of wisdom in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/kuR5OhK5B_U

Anthony Hopkins – What’s The Meaning Of Life | One Of The Most Eye Opening Speeches

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!