MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion The Beach Boys Were The Beatles American Rivals

• The Beach Boys Were The Beatles American Rivals

Posted by Jung Roe on 05/05/2022 at 04:42

I found this really fun and informative video that gives a year by year comparison of the two bands creative progress from 1962 through 1970, and the constructive rivalry that paved the musical landscape in the 1960s. It’s a new video I’ve never seen before.

https://youtu.be/lcHjIY16u7w

Jung Roe replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Thomas Randall

07/05/2022 at 14:57

Very interesting video Jung, I’ve never seen that one either. He pretty much hit the nail right on the head with his comparisons. While I was never a really big Beach Boys fan I did like some of their music. Brian Wilson was and probably still is a legendary musical genius. Just like Paul & John.

• Jung Roe

07/05/2022 at 23:02

Hi Thomas. It looks like constant evolution and innovation moving forward was the formula for both the Beatles and Beach Boys. There was that desire to outshine each other’s work with every new song and album they released, upping their game each time, that kept both bands pushing the boundary. It’s so inspiring to see both Paul and Brian still active in music, creating new music 60 years later.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!