• The Beatles!!! 1963

Posted by Jung Roe on 27/12/2021 at 23:10

So what were you doing when the Beatles appeared on the “Ready Steady Go” show in 1963? I can’t remember but I think I was a tiny handful for my parents.

Sound quality isn’t great but some funny scenes and they are so charming and witty, especially George here. They even do a fan Q and A at the end.

https://youtu.be/14pxCghhPcc

Dan replied 2 years, 8 months ago 7 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Roger Penn

28/12/2021 at 00:21

I was still in my previous life as a cat, I think. I didn’t get recycled as a human until 1968. LOL.

• Jacki Hopper

28/12/2021 at 00:50

I came along 6 years later …. but being the Dusty Springfield fan that I am, I’ve watched this many times on YouTube and loved how how she asked the Beatles the Q & A on RSG, subsequently, she was doing the RSG stuff as in hosting /appearing right after she and her brother Tom and Mike Hurst disbanded as The Springfields before she went solo , and her brother Tom became a songwriter for The Seekers, etc ( btw, Tom and Dusty aren’t their real names )

• Jung Roe

28/12/2021 at 20:04

Roger, LOL there were many times when I use to study I’d see my cat lying on the couch licking her paws I thought to myself, I wish I could go back to being a cat!

Jacki, it seems the Beatles had a rapport with Dusty Springfield and liked joking around with her. Watching this episode kind of reminded me of our livestream with the music and Q and A, but of course the MLT livestream was a 100 times more fun and intimate!

• Dan

28/12/2021 at 21:04

The girl who wins the contest that Paul judges is named Melanie Coe. Four years later, Melanie would run away from her comfortable, well-to-do home, and the Daily Mail would write an article, titled “A-Level Girl Dumps Car And Vanishes,” with quotes from her parents, like, “she has everything here.”

Paul read that article and it planted an idea in his head, which became “She’s Leaving Home.” Truly an amazing coincidence.

• Jung Roe

29/12/2021 at 06:31

Hi Dan, wow what a fascinating story about Melanie Coe and “She’s Leaving Home”. Paul must have felt a lot of emotions reading about what happened with Melanie Coe, the girl he picked out in that contest, and to read about her in the paper years later. That song is so incredibly emotional, and now we know there is a real life story behind it that moved Paul when he wrote it. Thanks for sharing that.

Will have to go back to see the video again. I adore MLTs version of that song. Lisa’s singing is as stunning and amazing as the song and when Mona starts to harmonize, it is incredible beauty. There is something extremely special when a really sad song is made so beautiful the way Mona and Lisa did it, that very few could do justice to this song, the Beatles and Mona and Lisa. I think this is the song that moved Brian Wilson the most from Sargent Peppers.

https://youtu.be/bSibZsK8SUk

• Thomas Randall

29/12/2021 at 00:54

Well, I was 5 years old and starting kindergarten. I don’t remember much more than that though. I remember not wanting to be left there at school the first few days.

• Jung Roe

29/12/2021 at 06:58

Thomas isn’t it amazing and inspiring that most of us were only babes when the Beatles were making amazing music and appeared on the Ready Steady Go show like this, and Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are still doing it today making music going strong into their 80s.

• Tom Fones

29/12/2021 at 15:10

Nine years old and playing outside from Sunup to Sun down.

• Diana Geertsen

30/12/2021 at 02:49

I was crawling around the house in my diaper

• Dan

30/12/2021 at 03:49

I was a couple of decades from being born…I just love 60s music.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!