MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion The Beatles' farewell documentary Let It Be is getting an encore, and a reinvent

Tagged: 

• The Beatles' farewell documentary Let It Be is getting an encore, and a reinvent

Posted by Howard on 04/02/2019 at 10:44

You may already be aware of this. Quite exciting news for me and all Beatles fans I’d imagine!

The Beatles’ farewell documentary Let It Be is getting an encore, and a reinvention.

Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson announced Wednesday that he is making a new film out of some 55 hours of footage – shot in January 1969 – that has never been seen by the public.

Jacki Hopper replied 5 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jung Roe

04/02/2019 at 17:55

Last week on the CBC national news they had a short report on the 50 year anniversary of that famous rooftop concert the Beatles did to promote the Let It Be album.  There was a gathering of fans in front of the studio in London to commemorate that event.  Its remarkable, the undying cultural legacy the Beatles left.  That documentary will be high on my list to watch.  Let it Be is one of my all time fave Beatles song.  The inspiration behind how Paul MCartney wrote that song after a dream is touching.  I can post a youtube link if anyone is interested.

• Howard

04/02/2019 at 18:24

I’ve probably already seen it but wouldn’t mind watching it again and I’m sure MLT won’t mind you posting the link. I’d imagine they’d be interested themselves too. They did that brilliant cover of “The Two of Us” from the Let It Be album and included that awesome video chronicling their life. Like all the Beatles albums, this one has some excellent songs, including one of my favourites “Across the Universe” (now how I’d love the twins to have a go at that one), “Get Back” and “The Long and Winding Road”.

• Jung Roe

04/02/2019 at 19:31

Hi Howard, here is the recent interview from last year with Paul McCartney.  Fast forward it to the 18:15 minutes mark where he talks about “Let it Be”.  Has a special relevance for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u97_inloBmY

The whole interview is actually worth a listen where the song writing master himself talk about each of his iconic songs describing his creative process for writing them.   I like seeing his dog roaming around the living room while Paul does his interview.  You can see he is an animal lover.

• Jacki Hopper

06/02/2019 at 19:43

Yes… I’ve too for a long time  been wondering that MLT would do Awesome on Long Winding Road… Get Back… Paper Back Writer… Etc… Good song choices there Howard ..

Perhaps I’ll get around to seeing this documentary  you speak of….

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!