• Jung Roe

16/08/2020 at 00:28

Tomas, cajons are cool instruments, just learned about them on the Q and A.  They are great to sit on too I hear.  🙂

• Joseph Manzi

16/08/2020 at 04:54

Wow here some songs from that cd My Generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN5zw04WxCc

• Joseph Manzi

16/08/2020 at 04:55
  • Joseph Manzi

16/08/2020 at 04:57
  • Joseph Manzi

16/08/2020 at 05:00
  • Joseph Manzi

16/08/2020 at 05:08

Live version My Generation – John  Entwistle  best bass player to me. Also born on John Lennon Oct 9.. Keith Moon one of the best Rock Drummer.  The best in my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjN5uHRIcjM

• Joseph Manzi

16/08/2020 at 05:16

Live Happy Jack  – Keith Keith Keith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqxfW59_wwo

• Jung Roe

16/08/2020 at 05:21

Hey Joe!  How are you tonight.  Thanks for all the Who video posts.  You know we’ve discussed a lot of bands here at the club, but the Who was never discussed that much, and it’s awesome to have an MLT cover of a Who song.  I personally think of all the British Invasion bands, with the exception of the Beatles as they had 4 vocalists really, The Who had the best lead vocalists.   Roger Daltry was one of the finest lead vocalists, so much range and power in his singing I think.  Of course they had great gutarists in Pete Townsend and John Entwistle, but Roger Daltry really shined too as a singer.  Songs like “Who Are You”, “Love Reign O’er Me. wow!  What do you think?

https://youtu.be/PNbBDrceCy8

• Jacki Hopper

16/08/2020 at 05:28

I learned of The Who  courtesy through my 2nd oldest bro… Don’t ask me which Albums he has, probably all of them… Lol… He and I share similar music tastes, this exposing me to some awesome stuff, he even digs MLT?????

• David Herrick

16/08/2020 at 06:00

I was a fast-food junkie in college, and every day I ate lunch at the campus McDonald’s.  I usually sat in front of a window that looked out across a small parking lot to a record store.  Propped up in the window that faced me was an album with a photo of four guys staring at me, with the phrase “WHO ARE YOU” written above them.  I didn’t know who they were at the time, so I always directed the question right back at them.  To this day I can’t eat a Big Mac without getting annoyed at the Who.

• Jung Roe

16/08/2020 at 09:21

Great videos Joe, just saw them all.  In that live My Generation video, wow Townsend really trashes his guitar hard, pieces flying around, and the drums go flying too!  Keith Moon is really dynamic in his drumming.

• Jung Roe

16/08/2020 at 09:33

Jacki, it was good having older siblings with lots of records isn’t it!  I benefited greatly from my older brothers record collection.

• Jung Roe

16/08/2020 at 09:44

David, you shouldn’t talk about Big Macs around me as I’m drooling for fast food these days.  Since the pandemic I’ve been pretty much eating at home avoiding dining out.  What’s the point if you have to sit in plastic shield enclosed cubicles in the restaurants.  It’s quite pathetic I’ve resorted these days to drool over McDonalds.  🙂

• Joseph Manzi

16/08/2020 at 11:52

Hey Jung,

Yea they were a crazy dynamic group. I saw them do that a couple times at the Filmore. They eventually had to stop the destruction. I the beginning when they did all this it was costing them a ton of money to fix,replace instruments. When you destroy drum kit and guitars and amps. You end up not making a profit. The manager Kit Lambert did not help the cause he encourage it.

This group was fantastic life after they stop destroying their equipment. Keith was to me the best drummer in rock and a lot of people would argue the point. I’ve see the Who over  2o times. Pete Townsend is a great writer and have created some master pieces in Tommy and Quadrophenia , Who Next and Live at Leeds.

• Joseph Manzi

16/08/2020 at 11:58

Jacki , That’s cool that your brother had such an influence on you when it came to music.

You have mention a few time of their collection of music. Did they play at all?

Page 2 of 4

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!