• Jung Roe

21/08/2020 at 11:03

Hi Bill!  Well said.  If you liked this, Pretty Flamingo, and Lola, check out Walking In The Air on the Christmas album if you havent heard it.  Can hear it on the Jukebox too.  Has a similar magic with the vocals and guitar arrangements.  Adore MLT version of that classic.

• Bill Isenberg

22/08/2020 at 13:51

Jung,

As an old school kind of guy, I have to admit, I love this version better than the original! And I am not a guy who like the original to get kicked to the curb….LOL…But Mona and Lisa have knocked the door open for me and this is not the only version I like better that the original, just to name a few? You Really Got Me, White Room Lisa and Mona tear this one up, with the drums and Guitar solo’s, just a few and like I always say, they are in a special group of people who can cover songs and do them well if not better, Elvis comes to mind, and one of his songs I feel he does well is You Lost That Loving Feeling…wow such energy on that one.

• Jung Roe

22/08/2020 at 22:15

Hi Bill, yes I totally agree with you.  With all the MLT covers, I prefer the MLT version over the originals.  They refresh and breath new life into them transforming it into something even more special.  MLT have a way of knowing what a piece of music is missing or how it can be made more interesting while maintaining the essence of the song that make it special in the first place, and so their covers are always remarkable, and worth listening to.  What’s the point of doing any cover if it’s going to sound exactly the same and does not add any value and uniqueness to the original.  There was an interview where they asked the Beatles what they think of covers of their songs, and John said they enjoy the ones that are unique, but do not like ones that sound exactly like when they play it.

• Jacki Hopper

23/08/2020 at 04:37

I like to say in some cases, the covers Equal to the originals but yes, most do tend to be better arranged/done more effectively than originals… I love both Mamas &  Papas  and MLT’s versions of ” California Dreaming”,  Equally, at least in my eyes  that’s my view…there’s  no right or wrong here, it’s  all based on one’s  own preferences,  to each their own….you can respectfully agree/ disagree or be neutral….lol

Page 4 of 4

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!