MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion The MLT Originals – The Wide, Wide Land

Tagged: 

• The MLT Originals – The Wide, Wide Land

Posted by Claude Biarritz on 11/11/2018 at 03:59

What are your thoughts about each originals. Your favorite verses, riffs; is it a simply an album filler or what makes this song memorable to you.

I think it’s amazing how sad songs make people feel better.

I remember when I first heard it, I didn’t  get the words, what I noticed was the guitar work.

The harmony, the melody is beautiful, the horns, the percussion at the end.

Then you get to know the story and can relate to the song.

Christomir Rackov replied 5 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Timothy Connelly

11/11/2018 at 04:54

The Wide, Wide Land is a brilliant song musically, lyrically, vocally and in the way it it arranged/produced. It has a beautiful melody that is enhanced by the decision to wait to kick in with the drums later in the song. One of their 5 best originals, maybe their very best

• Christomir Rackov

16/11/2018 at 19:50

That one is still my #1 favorite MLT song, with “June” being #2, even though the Orange album is slightly better overall than “When We’re Together”, IMHO.

Believe it or not, I usually like happy songs, so the fact that a sad song is my #1 favorite only comes to show how great I think it is. Actually, it is my personal all time Top 10, by any artist!

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!