MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs The name "Woolgoose".

• The name "Woolgoose".

Posted by Dale Harris on 03/09/2019 at 16:53

I found it quite interesting how you came up with “ORANGE” for the album title; is there anything in particular that led to “Woolgoose Records”?

Howard replied 5 years ago 7 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    03/09/2019 at 16:54

We spent hours trying to come up with potential label names which wasn’t as easy as we thought. We couldn’t believe it at the time that almost all of them were already taken. Often companies or bigger labels buy names and trademarks simply to re-sell them or keep others from using them (greedy bastards ;-)). So we had to think beyond the more obvious choices.

We eventually came up with “Woolgoose” as a loose play on the German expression “eierlegende Wollmilchsau”, which translated means “egg-laying Woolmilkpig”. Basically something that does everything, often used in a “too good to be true” context.

Eierlegende Wollmilchsau would have been a mouthful so we agreed on “Woolgoose”. We also liked the two double o’s.

Lisa drew up a little logo for it, Michaela tackled out the administrative work and voilá, the label was born.

• Jacki Hopper

03/09/2019 at 18:11

Good Q Dale, and Thankyou Mona for your response… I’ve often wondered myself about the origins of “Woolgoose”, as in how you came to be of it, just never thought to ask but I have always loved that name because it’s unique and it’s perfect for Team MLT, it just works ?

• Jung Roe

03/09/2019 at 20:01

Yes great question Dale and thanks for that explanation Mona!  I always thought Woolgoose was a clever name as it conjured up this image of a cute goose in a wool sweater.  Too cute!  I just had a closer relook at the logo, and I don’t think my imagination was too far off.

• Dale Harris

04/09/2019 at 01:33

Thanks Mona,

I thought there might be some kind of process beyond my imagining you happened upon some poor graylag having a bad feather day and commenting on the “wooly goose”.  I am always impressed and envious of anyone fluent in more than one language; it sure comes in handy.  Also, the smiley face is a really nice touch.

• Angelo

04/09/2019 at 07:52

Nice question!

Fortunately Lisa was there to draw a beautiful little swan. Imagine what it could have done without her …

Eierlegende-Wollmilchsau-TalentFrogs-GmbH

• Jacki Hopper

04/09/2019 at 20:30

Too funny Angelo… Got great chuckles outta that…. I like your sense of humour!

• Howard

04/09/2019 at 08:23

Very impressive Angelo. Looks like something Heston Blumenthal would come up with for one of his festive meals!

• Jung Roe

05/09/2019 at 02:30

It looks like nature had some odd left over parts to use up by the time it got to this creature.

• Stephen Krogh

07/09/2019 at 20:34

Such sublime creativity! Love it!

• Howard

11/09/2019 at 17:30

This is a question that was asked in October last year and following is Lisa’s response at the time:

“Well, you wouldn’t believe HOW difficult it is to come up with something that isn’t yet taken. When you get frustrated, frustrated enough and smash your head into the keyboard a few times … Woolgoose Records appears”.

• Howard

25/09/2019 at 09:07

Is this a woolgoose?

jai5m45ihyd82juf5f4gl8ex66gxq8kv

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!