• The Zombies

Posted by Timothy Connelly on 12/11/2018 at 00:13

The Zombies have 2 exceptional songs- Time of the Season and She’s Not There and have an album that is listed by Rolling Stone as one of the top 500 ever. They also have a name that’s very cool for this particular time- when every other movie is about zombies. I do not consider them a true rock and roll Hall of Fame caliber band. Of course, there would only be about 35 bands in the Hall of Fame if it were up to me.
    But they have been very supportive of Mona and Lisa. And Mona and Lisa asked us to vote for them every day. So you know what I do every day? That’s right. Every day I skip over Todd and Stevie and Def and vote for The Zombies because I was asked to. And according to the current vote- I’m making a difference. They are ahead of the 6th place contestant by around 69,000 votes of which 11 are mine.
    I was very pleased when Donovan was elected to the Hall. I do think his credentials were stronger than The Zombies. And he had a cool name as well.
    But the Twins cover of Time is one of their strongest ever; maybe the best song recorded in 2018. Put those boys in the Hall- that’s reason enough!

Howard replied 5 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Unknown Member

Deleted User
    12/11/2018 at 02:46

• Howard

12/11/2018 at 04:11

Yes, I bought the ‘Orange’ vinyl too, along with the CD version. The vinyl of course is for special occasions only! Just wish I had that black and gold label version of the ‘Please, Please Me’ album as it is the colours of my footy team, the Balmain Tigers, which since a recent merger are now the Wests Tigers with the colours of Black, Orange and White!

As for the Zombies, although I had recordings of three of their songs (including ‘Tell her No’), they were never that popular amongst my crowd, or indeed my country. The same was true of the ‘The Grass Roots’ who only had one hit here in the sixties (‘Midnight Confessions’) and I don’t think their records were released locally for some reason.

The Zombies’ ‘Odessey and and Oracle’ album, released in 1968, was ranked 100 on Rolling Stone magazine’s list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. Although received indifferently on release, it has since become one of the most acclaimed albums of the sixties.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!