MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Time and Songs about time 2

• Jung Roe

27/08/2020 at 07:09

David, good one.  Is that a young Keanu Reeves?

Dust in the wind reminds me of the opening and ending feather scenes in Forrest Gump.  Brilliant how it ends, just to make you believe it’s not all random.   Or Bob Dylan’s song Blowing In The Wind.

https://youtu.be/W7voy1vit6Y

Forrest Gump intro scene.

• Jung Roe

27/08/2020 at 07:10

Forrest Gump, end scene.

https://youtu.be/gqIXmbgihuQ

• David Herrick

27/08/2020 at 07:20

Yes, Jung, that’s Keanu Reeves.  I take it you haven’t seen “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure”.  It’s a fun movie worth checking out.  They made a sequel two years later, and the third installment premieres tomorrow after a 29-year hiatus.

• Jung Roe

27/08/2020 at 07:36

I haven’t seen that movie, though I’ve heard of it a lot.  Seeing the two characters in that clip, it has a kind of a “Waynes World”, and “Kumar & Harold” vibe to it which I liked.  Will keep an eye out for that latest “Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure” on Netflix or Youtube.

• David Herrick

27/08/2020 at 07:45

Yeah, the protagonists are two bumbling but lovable idiots.  The new film is called “Bill and Ted Face the Music”.  Of course, seeing the earlier ones first would provide some essential context.

• Bill Isenberg

28/08/2020 at 00:52

Jung,

Thanks for the shout out on the job. I have been very fortunate to be in the right place at the right time and I Have been surrounded by good people. Although I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel here in a year or so. Funny story I tell and to be there that long? It is hard to hit a moving target!! LOL…Which leads me to a point…..and that is the Mona Lisa Twins, they have been doing this since they were very young and from what I can see? They will be around for quite some time. So with some artists or groups in the past say 60 years? The average career goes from 3 to 6 years and you never see them again for what ever reason. And I have pointed out in the past the these ladies and pap and Michelle are on the right course in handling the music and making good solid decisions. Not being forced to put something out there to please the stock holders etc in the recording industry. But there are exceptions to the rule and The Beatles, The Rolling Stones etc have done it and continue to do so. Another reason I am proud to be a club member to see their vision thru and continue to bring happiness to all of our lives each and every day. God Bless The Mona Lisa Twins!!!

• Roger Penn

24/02/2021 at 09:54

Didn’t get to chime in until I got home from work and now the horse is beaten to death. I took the question to be regarding songs ABOUT time, not just songs with the word “time” in the title, which includes many on that long list that was posted that have time in the title but aren’t about time at all.

Beatles song about time? How about “When I’m 64?”

While I immediately though of ones mentioned ad nauseam including Pink Floyd, Chambers Brothers, Jim Croce, Stones, Steve Miller, Dylan, etc. there are a few I didn’t see. Just off the top of my head, I’m sure I’m forgetting some good ones:
    100 years – Five for Fighting
    Cat’s in the Cradle – Harry Chapin
    Last to Leave – Arlo Guthrie
    Turpentine – Brandi Carlile
    Only Time – Enya
    Leaves That Are Green – Simon & Garfunkel

• Jacki Hopper

25/02/2021 at 23:39

Anne Murray’s ” Time Don’t Run Out In Me”… ( I think that’s the song title)

• Jung Roe

27/02/2021 at 07:10

Hi Roger, some nice ones in your list! Cat’s In the Cradle, and Only Time I really like. Have you seen the movie “Sweet November” that features Only Time. Really moving. A few others you mention are new to me and I will check it out.

Jacki, oh yeah anything Anne Murray is very good. I will check that one out too.

Thank you both.

Page 3 of 3

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!