MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Traditional album making a lost art in todays music industry?

• David Herrick

29/02/2020 at 22:25

Agreed, Jacki.  But of course, it was planned from the beginning for music to be a big part of the Partridge Family formula (just like the Monkees), whereas the Brady Bunch music was more of an afterthought several years into the show’s run.

As for great TV theme songs, my favorite is the theme from “The Greatest American Hero”.  I don’t know if you got that show in Canada, given the title.

• Jacki Hopper

29/02/2020 at 23:57

Lol… David, that is one of my all time fave 80s TV Theme  Songs, Loved that show, you have me now singing that song as I write this post… Are we on same thinking wavelength here… Lol

• Jung Roe

01/03/2020 at 06:32

Wow David, I am speechless!  The Brady Kids created a new genre all their own, a mix in musical style of the Chipmunks and the Monkees.  smiley tongue

• Jacki Hopper

01/03/2020 at 23:42

The Brady Bunch Gang… Though I did watch, kinda a lame bunch except for Alice and Sam the Butcher… Lol… Partridge Family has my vote of  the two families…. Sorry Brady Gang, Partridge Family Rox n Rolls over you… Besides, I rather like the Partridge Theme song and visual bird concept in the opening credits for their show… Yes, Monkees were funny too…. So were the Banana Splits ?

• Jung Roe

02/03/2020 at 00:36

Wow Jacki, the Banana Splits!  🙂

You bring back amazing fond memories for me.  I have to say, when I was about 7, the Hanna Barbara Banana Splits show was my absolute favorite on TV.  I use to collect these Banana Splits toy erasers and play with them with a neighbor friend all the time.  These were my fave toys growing up.  Forgot all about them.

Hanna Barbara Bannana Splits

• David Herrick

02/03/2020 at 00:40

Does this make the Bradys more palatable, Jacki?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FTF76-umx8

• Jacki Hopper

02/03/2020 at 00:45

Lol… Oh David… Too Frikkin Funny… But no… No it does not… Just not a Bradys Believer… Lol though kudos for creating efforts on this… ??

• David Herrick

02/03/2020 at 00:50

It looks like we 70’s kids have this thread all to ourselves, so…

I was about a year too young for the Banana Splits, but I was a huge fan of all the Krofft Brothers shows that came after:  H.R. Pufnstuf, The Bugaloos, Lidsville, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, Land of the Lost, etc.  They made the early 70’s a great time to be a kid.

I just found out that the Kroffts are from Canada, eh?  (Montreal.)

• Jung Roe

02/03/2020 at 01:33

LOL!   You had me dazed and confused there for a moment David!  The musical side of my brain was saying Partridge Family and visual side was seeing Brady Bunch, a strange feeling!  🙂  While I enjoyed The Brady Bunch more, when it comes to singing, I have to side with the Partridge Family.  Lesser of two musical irritations!  🙂  LOL!

• Jacki Hopper

02/03/2020 at 01:39

Now either I wasn’t aware or if I knew that of Kroffts Cananadian orgins, I’ve forgotten it, provabky not aware… Lol… Cass Elliot did appear in  Puf n Stuff as  Witchie-Poo…

Yep, the 70s were my childhood years… Lol… Alot of things of the 70s I was never keen on, some fashion stuff, gross colours of kitchen appliances and decor notions, disco music, etc… Lol… But TV from 50s-80s, I’m good with that…. Though I do like old movie classics from 30s-40s, I do like the eras of 1900-1920s….I’m like a past spiritsoul existing in the now… Lol

Page 2 of 2

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!