MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs Ukulele models

Tagged: 

• Ukulele models

Posted by Lynn T. Newcomb on 23/02/2021 at 18:14

I know you have at least three ukuleles: two Lanikais and an electric Fender. Can you tell me precisely what they are (soprano, tenor, etc.) and if you have any others. I have an entry level short soprano Kala and I’m about ready to graduate. If I have a budget of $200, what would you recommend. Bare in mind that I play it left handed upside down. Thanks.

Thomas Randall replied 3 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    23/02/2021 at 18:15

Hi Lynn,

Yes, we have a few of these tiny companions 🙂 The simple brown Lanikai LU-21CE is the one we got first. It was less than a hundred bucks but it’s the one we used on most of our recordings and live shows. It is “concert” size.

Later on we were gifted a Lanikai “UkeSB”, which looks super pretty and has a built in USB port. The USB thing is a bit of a gimmick, that I don’t think many people would actually use but the instrument itself is really nice. I play it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIHQBMijVO8

In terms of playability and sound I actually don’t prefer it to the cheaper Lanikai so I wouldn’t recommend spending the extra money on it.

Other than that we really don’t have much experience with other brands. I’m sure there are a lot higher quality ones out there that stay in tune better. But for its price the LU-21CE really is a-okay.

The Fender you mentioned is another cool gift that we got a while ago but it’s actually an electric 4 string mandolin, not a ukulele. They call it a “Mando Strat” 🙂 We were so happy when we got to use it in the Lola video!

Hope that helps ♥

• Lynn T. Newcomb

24/02/2021 at 03:19

That helps a lot. Thank you.

• Thomas Randall

25/02/2021 at 01:03

Ukes are so much fun! I have a cheap Aklot concert and a very nice KALA baritone uke I play every day. I’m no where are good as Lisa but I still have fun. And if you want your mind blown check out a young man on Youtube named Feng E. That kid is BEYOND AMAZING!

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!