MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion US Charts 23rd July 1966

• US Charts 23rd July 1966

Posted by Matt Hay on 23/07/2020 at 21:35

A friend on Twitter posted this, thought some might find the diversity interesting. There’s a Beatles song in there, of course 😀

Bound to bring back memories for everyone. A family favourite (at least with us kids) was a K-tel album called Looney Tunes. It featured such classics as They’re coming to Take Me Away, I Like Onions, and Little Red Riding Hood, here at no 3. Always preferred Woolly Bully for a loungeroom dance, though …US_Top_20_23_7_1966

Matt Hay replied 4 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Jung Roe

24/07/2020 at 00:25

Matt, yes the 60s decade is considered one of the most creative periods in modern times for humanity, not just in music but in science (first man on the moon), civil rights (Martin Luther King), music (Beatles) etc.  If you take a snapshot of any period throughout the 60s, it would be nearly impossible for most people not to have a favorite song listed.

A few faves I immediately recognize in your list, Hanky Panky, Wild Thing, Paperback Writer, Along Comes Mary.

• Jacki Hopper

25/07/2020 at 14:22

Interesting find, Matt??☮

• Thomas Randall

25/07/2020 at 19:46

Yup the 60’s is still my favorite decade of all! So glad I grew up during it. I can listen to that stuff all day,every day. Look at all those great songs! Did any of you ever get the Time-Life 60’s collection? I love it. There’s also the “Super sounds of the 70’s” collection from Rhino which is pretty good (except for the disco stuff, ICK!).

• Matt Hay

25/07/2020 at 21:13

Yeah, there’s some real classics there, like Dusty Springfield and Wild Thing, though I have the same sort of feelings about Somewhere My Love (Doctor Zhivago) as you do for Disco 😀

I tend to only buy ‘best ofs’ of specific artists or groups, though sometimes you come across a gem or two in those various artists compilations don’t you.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!