• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    28/09/2021 at 18:02

Hi Tim,
    Of course, that was one of the first things our host families made us try when we arrived in Australia 😉 I initially thought it tasted horrendous … bitter, salty, slightly fishy … but after eating it “correctly”, with lots of butter on toast, it started to grow on me. Soon I was making myself Vegemite sandwiches for lunch! Heck, I’ll actually make myself one right now, it’s been ages since I had one, and we still have a little jar that an Aussie friend brought us on a visit.

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    28/09/2021 at 18:06

Vegemite belongs on the bottom of a volcano somewhere in the middle of an ocean surrounded by radioactive sharks. ????

• Denny Lyons

28/09/2021 at 20:31

Mona! That’s the greatest answer to a question in the history of the world! ????

• Jacki Hopper

04/10/2021 at 18:20

And I agree with Mona…I’ve seen the looks of it …no need to taste it… sorry Lisa, but I rate it a ????????… even the name turns me off of it…lol……it’s available here in grocery stores and also in the 2 locations here of The Irish & Scottish shops… when Mark & Spencer’s were here, it was sold there… and House of Scotland when it existed here, had it….lol…. can’t escape it, it’s everywhere… Nope, safe to say I won’t ever be having it, I’ll let those volcano sharks Mona stated, eat it….lol

• Tim Johnston

28/09/2021 at 18:52

Geez Mona, don’t hold back. Tell us how you really feel about it!????????????????

• Dana Hart

28/09/2021 at 21:25

Mona- I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time. Thank you! ! Best answer I’ve ever heard. 🙂

• Johnnypee Parker

29/09/2021 at 01:12

Oh Mona LOL I burst out laughing so loud the neighbors heard me. ????

• Darryl Boyd

04/10/2021 at 00:35

I nearly choked on my vegemite on toast for breakfast while reading this.

I never used to have a favourite twin, but I do now!

Lisa, if you ever need any more vegemite just send me an email and I’d be happy to post some over 🙂

• Jung Roe

04/10/2021 at 06:17

LOL!!! Now I am curious, might have to pick up a jar of vegemite, and just check it out for myself! I will have to have a bottle of Frank’s extra hot sauce ready just in case to drown out at anything nasty.

• Walter Music

05/10/2021 at 04:52

Wasn’t there an I Love Lucy show where she was promoting Vegemite on a commercial, it was a cough syrup or something and she got drunk, Funny!!!!

Actually it sounds fairly good!

• Johnnypee Parker

05/10/2021 at 11:41

My knowledge of vegemite can be credited to A man in Brussels described by Men At Work:

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
    He was six foot four and full of muscle
    I said, “Do you speak-a my language?”
    He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich

Up until the age of fifteen, I had not known of its existence. It does not appeal to me and I feel no need to taste it. I am on Team Mona with this one.

JP

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!