MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum MLT-FAQs What’s Considered To Be Your Fave Go To ComfortFood/Drink!?

• Johnnypee Parker

21/08/2020 at 01:01

It’s always fun to watch the coffee drinkers wake up.  Coffee drinkers always want to tell you how they take it, in case you were going to buy them one.

I just remembered I have some Stewart’s Ice Cream in my freezer, chocolate chip.  Black coffee and chocolate chip ice cream.

Has MLT done any songs about coffee?

JP

• David Herrick

21/08/2020 at 01:44

In my grade school music class we learned a song about coffee that served as my first “just say no to drugs” message.  Because of it I still have never tried coffee.  (Well, that and the fact that I can’t stand the smell.)  It was sung as a round, with these hard-hitting lyrics repeated over and over:

C – O – F – F – E – E .

Coffee is not for me.

It’s a drink some people wake up with.

That it makes them nervous is no myth.

Slaves to a coffee cup.

They can’t give coffee up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ19iPn_8VY

• Jacki Hopper

21/08/2020 at 01:58

Wow, what I simply started off as asking a simple basic Q for MLT, has evolved  into….lol…Geez, what Question Monster did I conjure up exactly…!?!?!?!?….Holy Cow….Loving the replies that have branched  off from Lisa’s  reply….

• Howard

21/08/2020 at 03:08

We’ve all heard of the Cookie Monster. Well now Jacki has unleashed the Coffee Monster onto all of us.

Yes Jacki, you’ve done it again!

Thanks for sharing the “Coffee Canon” video David. Unfortunately though, due to my hearing impairment, some things are missed, and children’s voices in particular ar difficult to pick up (it’s the high frequencies). Are the lyrics available?

Wow, I can’t believe you had such a saccharine childhood. I guess that explains your penchant for such sweet music, food and drinks today. But coffee as a “just say no to drugs” message? Well that’s just a bridge too far for this coffee addict!

• Johnnypee Parker

21/08/2020 at 03:23

Coffee Canon is going to give me nightmares.  I have visions of stern faced children dumping out cups of coffee into a storm drain..and laughing.  They will probably opt to just hum Coffee Canon.

JP

• David Herrick

21/08/2020 at 03:30

I typed the lyrics above the video, Howard.

Yeah, I guess I’ve pretty much always lived the gooey, syrupy lifestyle.  In the last decade or so I’ve acquired a taste for somewhat spicy foods (Mexican, Indian, etc.), but that’s about it.

Sorry about the upcoming nightmares, JP.  But I understand there’s a beverage you can drink that will forestall sleeping…

• Howard

21/08/2020 at 03:52

Thanks David. I didn’t realise they were the full lyrics to the song. As for coffee, if it’s good enough for the coffee monster, it’s good enough for me!

JP, I have a feeling that the MLT would be more likely to write a song about tea, than coffee. And perhaps for Lisa, it would be about cinnamon tea!

https://youtu.be/gepd8pdZeLI

• Jacki Hopper

21/08/2020 at 04:32

Tea Is Good Enough for me…as I’m quite Anti- Coffee…lol…Love smell of coffee, just not taste..I drink my tea with milk sugar, sometimes no milk, just sugar….lol

• Stephen Krogh

21/08/2020 at 22:27

A morning without black coffee is like a day without the MonaLisa Twins; simply not an option.

• Johnnypee Parker

21/08/2020 at 23:50

I think this says it all

If there’s a better way
    To get us through the day
    I wouldn’t mind if you could tell
    (You might as well)
    If life is wonderful I wonder
    If it’s just a tragic spell that makes it hell

• Jung Roe

22/08/2020 at 00:01

JP, well said.  I would add that I not only like to drink coffee, but I love the smell of fresh ground coffee when you open a new can.  I want to just dig my nose into the coffee powder like a hound dog!!! Coffee high sounds good!  🙂

Page 3 of 3

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!