MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion When were together album

• When were together album

Posted by Bill Isenberg on 25/09/2020 at 20:02

As you all know I play a different CD each day in my car coming home from work, so today I picked When were together album and again just amazed at the writing , playing , arrangements, solo’s etc along with the video’s on U Tube which is where I found them and have not looked back since. But boy what a fabulous album t0 put out for the first original album? Do you all agree? This boy is mine, June , One more time, Wide Wide Land, I wanna kiss you, etc….every song on this album is done so well and crafted just perfect to me. So hard to believe how much talent these ladies have and so glad to be a part of their journey. On the weekend I play their music while I cut grass or work on cars or just doing anything around the house and the music keeps me motivated and happy. So with them currently working on a new album of originals? I wait patently and know it will be another gem in their library of music for us to enjoy and talk about!

Bill Isenberg replied 3 years, 11 months ago 6 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Robert Fendt

25/09/2020 at 20:52

Short and sweet here Bill,

100% with you on that totally agree When we’re Together is a fantastic album and MonaLisa Twins are magnificent in all ways?

• Thomas Randall

25/09/2020 at 22:19

Yes Bill that album so far is my favorite original from the girls! Love the songs and over all sound of the album.

• Jung Roe

26/09/2020 at 05:45

Hi Bill.  I was really impressed when I first heard When We’re Together with the variety in the album.  What an incredible debut album!  They covered almost all the genres in their 2007 Concert Album, and that diversity carried on in their debut album of originals.

There’s the wonderful fun and catchy rock and roll sounds of When We’re Together, This Boy is Mine, One More Time and the more delicate and sophisticated beauty of The Wide, Wide, Land and June with the brilliant acoustic guitar sounds.  A dash of a bright sunny pop sound of I Wanna Kiss You along with some great folk countryish beauties like I Don’t Know Birds That Well, Won’t You Listen Now, and sweet ballad of All About Falling In Love.  And then there are the magnificent Dreams and breathtaking Nothing is In Vain to top it all off.  Evokes some beautiful and mysterious emotions like you’re floating.  It’s a stellar album I never tire of listening to.

• Johnnypee Parker

26/09/2020 at 06:28

Kool, we have been listening to When We’re Together lately

Bill, I listened to Orange all summer while mowing my lawn lol

I knew When We’re Together more from the videos.  We had a long car trip today and had a chance to really listen to these songs on their own.  Dreams and Nothing Is In Vain are my favorites, but we had the whole album on replay.  An exceptional soundtrack for our journey.

JP sleepy in the Catskills

• Bill Isenberg

26/09/2020 at 15:37

Great responses club members! Again what a great break out album of original music and like you all or at least some of you, i saw most of the songs on U Tube but listening to it in the car takes it to another level. Such great guitar work, drum work, vocals etc and as mentioned before can you imagine what the next album will be like? And I do not mean to make bad of record company’s and stock holders, they have a business to run and they do a great job at it  it is refreshing to see the Mona Lisa Twins take this journey on their own and take their time making and refining their craft.

• Jacki Hopper

27/09/2020 at 01:25

Indeed a Groovy Keeper Bill…. Play It Always….lol?

• Bill Isenberg

30/09/2020 at 01:00

I am so amazed with the song writing of this album and the great guitar and drum work. The riffs are incredible and the drum work is perfect.

• Johnnypee Parker

04/10/2020 at 01:47

Bill, You are right on with this one.  The guitar riffs in When We’re Together  are very catchy.  The album begins with a nice bouncy feel.  There are great bass lines throughout.  This has been my ride home music this week.

I love the psychedelic feel of Dreams and Nothing Is In Vain.  Dreams is a little trippy, almost hypnotic.  The album should come with a warning sticker  to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery while listening to Dreams.  Don’t get me wrong, I love the song.  That video is too kool.  Their sleepy walk through the city is so clever.

It just dawned on me, I haven’t watched these videos in the same sequence as the album.  What am I waiting for?  There’s no one here to blame

JP

• Bill Isenberg

04/10/2020 at 17:42

This Boy is Mine is such a classic to me, the video is awesome to say the least. The lead guitar that Lisa does is Steller to me, and the same with Mona on the rhythm guitar. But the lead guitar to me is equal to the greats like Eric Clapton , Keith Richard, Ronnie Wood etc…

• Jung Roe

04/10/2020 at 22:26

Bill, I totally agree with you, Lisa is one of the greatest guitarists to walk the planet!  Love the playing in This Boys Is Mine.  Whether a fast rock and roll riff, or a gentle moving song, she plays with so much feeling that only a guitarist of her caliber can express instrumentally as she does.  All that incredible guitar work, while singing and harmonizing so brilliantly, Mona too;  In that regards, she is a level above Eric, Keith, and Ronnie as an all around musician!

• Bill Isenberg

08/10/2020 at 00:39

Lisa does take lead guitar work above and beyond, How about Till There Was You? George Harrison would be so proud to hear the lead on this song.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!