• Who are you?

Posted by Greg Dent on 21/06/2020 at 15:31

So, you girls/women/ladies/guys/gals/people have grown up before our eyes and, as you turn another year older next week, seemingly would have outgrown the term “girls.”

But after researching the hundreds of demeaning (at best) alternatives, I suggest you go on calling yourselves girls—as you do in some promotional pieces—pretty much indefinitely. I know women my age (old) still enjoy having girl parties.

Your fans want to say, “I love what you [blank] have done with ….” But we don’t quite know what to put in that blank, and we would love some guidance on your preferences and how you wonderful humans feel about these terms.

Thank you!

PS. This club site is like Disneyland. Wow!

Jacki Hopper replied 4 years, 2 months ago 8 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    21/06/2020 at 15:32

Hi Greg!

Phew, that’s a good question. Girls, ladies, women, guys, twins, … to be honest, they’re all fine with us.

It always depends on the way these words are being used and in what context. “Girls” can be said in a patronising or belittling way but so can more “formal” terms. 99% of times it is said in a loving, respectful way.

In high school we used to dislike being referred to as “the twins” as we didn’t always want to be talked about as one unit instead of as individual people. But of course that would be silly now as we are the MonaLisa Twins online and wouldn’t expect anyone to always refer to us as Mona and Lisa. 🙂

For us it is about intent and the way people talk rather than focusing on what words they use exactly.

That being said, being referred to as the “blonde” and “redhead” nearly always makes us cringe 😉

Take care ♥

• Joshua Sunshine

22/06/2020 at 00:38

I hope  that  both of you  are always and  forever  spoken  to and  treated  with  the greatest  respect and  dignity. You  have  provided  love , smiles and  peace of  mind  to thousands  and  in return I hope  that  both of you   and your  family have  good  health , happiness  and  peace.

• Stephen Krogh

22/06/2020 at 22:53

Well said Joshua. And thanks Lisa for responding to Greg’s question. I found no surprises in your reply but I’m comforted by knowing that.

• Jacki Hopper

23/06/2020 at 17:43

Awesome Q asked, loved Lisa’screpky and Joshua ‘s…I’m partial to using ” gals”… myself.

• Jung Roe

23/06/2020 at 19:33

What a thoughtful and insightful response Lisa.  It is all about respect and how you make others feel the way you address and carry on with people.  I’ve learned so much here from the both of you by the thoughtful manner by which you interact with us and others, with so much regard.  Wish the world had more people like you.

• Howard

25/06/2020 at 02:35

Well said Lisa, but pretty well what I would have expected from you, so no surprises. Intent is the imporant factor, consequently I may use the term ‘guys’ more often in future, when appropriate, as it is gender neutral and more generic than other terms.

• Michael Thompson

26/06/2020 at 15:48

At my age any woman under the age of 50 is a girl to me! I always mean it with the greatest of respect. I appreciate your answer Lisa. well thought out and respectful as always. Just wondering, how does the blond feel about it. (Joke! No offense!)

• Greg Dent

26/06/2020 at 18:30

Should this channel be renamed “Who Are You? Who, who, who, who?”?

• Jacki Hopper

26/06/2020 at 23:02

Whew Michael….lol…that’s  a relief to my ears to hear….I’m 51….just past that cutoff age by a thread….

• Michael Thompson

27/06/2020 at 14:49

Oh Jax you are always a lady to me!

• Jacki Hopper

28/06/2020 at 01:37

Thankyou Michael  James .T?

The forum ‘MLT-FAQs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!