MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum Introduce Yourself Within You Without You Joe Manzi

• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 01:28

Can’t argue with that John. Maybe the guitar just for fun, If it bring you enjoyment do it..

• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 01:39

Nice to meet you Johnnypee.

That’s a different name interesting. So from upstate NY. Great. My acoutic guitars are an Ibanez and my first guitar which is a Fender. Both are black. I like my guitars black like

my coffee. The Les Paul is black also/ Telecaster is white.  Well thanks for the kind words.

looking forward to interacting with you. So Johnnypee be good….

• David

12/08/2020 at 02:39

Thanks Joe for posting those two Blackberry Smoke songs. Love that Georgia southern sound.

Yes, the internet in general has decimated the  livelihood of  musicians as  well as the livelihood of so many in every other industry. Youtube, itself is very problematic as a very powerful player which controls access to what we can see & hear. The promise of the internet as being a fair, democratic,open forum for every one never came true. Still, I just meant to suggest that never has there been a time when you could get so much access to so much great music from all over the world.

• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 04:33

Dave, another from Blackberry Smoke. They do their songs electric  and then do an acoustic.

They are good either way.  Bed Time for me East Coast where are you located?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88lEWTEk3jg

Joe

• Howard

12/08/2020 at 04:35

Welcome to the best club on the planet Joe. I live Downunder in Brisbane, Australia. You have had a wonderfull experience of concerts over the years. It would be great to hear about your experience at Woodstock, in particular. So much has been written about Woodstock, it would be nice to hear from someone first hand.

As a teenager in the sixties, I grew up with the Rolling Stones, buying all their albums, although I was also heavily into the Kinks, the Who, the Animals, Manfred Mann, the Hollies, Jimi Hendrix, and the Beatles of course. Later I got into Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd. My favourite Beatles song is ”Strawberry Fields Forever”.

I remember the first time I discovered the MLT on YouTube. I was completely blown away and stayed up all night to find out as much about them as possible. I couldn’t understand why it had taken me so long to find them when they had been around for over a decade. Why hadn’t someone told me about them? Not to worry, there was a complete treasure trove of great music, videos and interviews for me to catch up on.

I see you have already become a prolific publisher in the Forum. Thank you for sharing your stories with us. Just one tip, if you are unsure about anything or need assistance, there is a very useful Topic in the Forum called “Support & Suggestions”. If you have any queries, you can post them here and someone from Team MLT or a Club member will respond to you.

Welcome again to the Club.

• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 04:48

Johnnypee Good..

I checked out Adrian Belew on you tube. I guess he’s an effect guitarist. The silver guitar he’s

playing is that a Parker?  I myself have never heard of them. But today so many people are making great guitars.

• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 05:09

Howdy Howard.

So you come from the land down under.. Men at work .. Great album.

I wrote something on Woodstock about a week ago.

Here is the link to that Woodstock blog

https://test2.monalisa-twins.com/woodstock-50-years-later/

I copy the link let me know if you get there. If not I will copy and paste tomorrow.

Time for me to get down under the sheet and go to bed. Looking forward to communicating

with you. Oh what the hell is a vegemite sandwich.

Joe

Woodstock – 50 Years Later

• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 05:14

Well That did not work. Here’s a copy and paste.

Hello, I attended the Woodstock Festival Aug 15 – 18. It cost me $ 18.00 dollar for three days of music. In the end it was like 3 1/2 days. It was one of the greatest event of my life. All the acts that appeared. I went with three other friends. I member it like it was yesterday. We took a bus from Port authority New York. We got as far as Bethal White Lake. The traffic was at a stand still. We walked the rest of the way to the concert site. It seemed to take forever to get there. Once we were at site we got a close to the stage and
    did not like the view. So we move back until we could see everything. It was very hot and we watched as Richie Heavens open the festival. From that point on it got better and better. There were times during the three days it rained. Especially that first night. But the music made it all worth while. I saw brand new group. Santana , Crosby,Stills Nash, Mountain, Creedence, Sha Na Na,Jimi Hendrix and the band of Gypsies ( not experience.)
    My favorite day was the second night. Sly and the Family Stone came on near 1 am and got the place jumping with his music. Take you Higher. They were great. Then The Who followed doing their classic and Tommy the Rock Opera. When they were done dawn was breaking. It was great. The last act for that night which was day now. Was the Jefferson Airplane. The saddest thing for me was Monday morning Jimi Hendrix played to the smallest crowd. Under 75,000 people. He was one of the top acts and finished the show.
    Playing to the least amount of people. That was sad. I still have my original ticket stubb which treasure to this day. It ended up a free concert. The following year me and my same friends that went to the festival. Went to Woodstock on it’s anniversary. We got to me the owner of property Max Yasgur and had a nice talk with him. Yea there was a lot of
    things that went wrong on the planning. But it was the first of it’s kind, back then. It was advertise as three days of peace, fun and music. It ended up being that way for me.

At some point I will do another one. Maybe I will do one for each day. If my memory serves me well.

• Howard

12/08/2020 at 05:47

Yes, it did work for me Joe. Just click on the Woodstock banner or the “Continue reading” and it opens up.

I do remember now reading your comment at the time. I just forgot by the time you introduced yourself. You are so fortunate having had that experience, and being able to tell people about it all these years later.

Howard

• Jacki Hopper

12/08/2020 at 13:46

Hey Joseph, yes, I’m creative minded too, not so much musically, I enjoy singing, whethercaround my apt, listening/singing along to MLT, GT, various others of my interest…playing tambourine, dabbling around with harmonica, meditative type percussion instruments but I creatively thrive best at writing poetry, drawing/sketching/doodling …Been an MLTBuzzLuvGroovier for 13 yrs now as I had stumbled quite happily on YouTube  looking for decent California Dreaming cover to equal/come close to the Mamas and Papas version, so glad I had…I’m Canadian, born/raised…

• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 15:06

Hey Jacki,

That sounds cool, Have you ever tried writing songs lyrics. Poetry I wish I had that talent.

Iv’e tried to write songs. I usually start them then get stuck and move on. You have been following the Twins for 13 years. Wow. I’m new to them. How old were they when they started?

• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 15:17

Good morning John,

I hope you are the right John. Who told me to check out Ain’t no Sunshine.

Jung also gave me the link for Twist and Shout. This is the cd I have not bought yet.

It’s really early music. They were so young. They did it with Mom & Dad. That’s Cool.

You could see the talent blossoming back then. They have really progressed.

I hope you were the John. I got so many comment yesterday. If you are not the John.

Then sorry..

Joe

• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 15:25

Hey Jung,

Thanks for sending the Twist and Shout link. I watched and Ain’t No Sunshine along with a bunch of others from that era. That the cd I still need to get. It’s amazing they were just Mona and Lisa and Mom & Dad where in the band. Not sure how old they were. They looked real young. You could see they were on the verge of becoming really good. I enjoyed the videos.

I going to order that cd today. Then I am current. I really enjoed their version of Troggs Love is All Around. Always loved this song. Very Bee Gee’s

• Joseph Manzi

12/08/2020 at 15:26
    • Jung Roe

12/08/2020 at 20:17

Niiice!  Great performance.  The drummer is really energetic.

• Jung Roe

12/08/2020 at 20:08

[postquote quote=100185][/postquote]
    Hey, good afternoon Joe.  That 2007 concert CD is awesome, one of my favorite long drive CDs, next to the recent Duo Session CD now.  I believe they were 13 and it’s so full of many different genres they explored and I think they did an incredible job on them.  There is also an original, Alone, which is wonderfully written and so expressive with sweet guitar sounds.  Some of my other favorites on that album are Samba Pa Ti, Der Kommissar, Back to Life, Stand By Me, Aufstehn, Smoke on the Water, Michelle so many..brimming with so much talent at 13!  You can hear that wonderful harmonizing in many of the songs.

Page 2 of 5

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!