MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Xmas Movies You Enjoy/Xmas Movies You Don’t Care For

• Xmas Movies You Enjoy/Xmas Movies You Don’t Care For

Posted by Jacki Hopper on 13/12/2022 at 16:48

Ok, now onto Xmas movies you enjoy/not enjoy …

The ones I enjoy :

National Lampoons Xmas Vacation , A Xmas Story, It’s A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street ( 1937 version with Maureen O Hara ), Santa Clause 1 & 2, Home Alone/Home Alone-Lost in New York, Gremlins 2 ( or was Gremlins, whichever one has a Xmas aspect in it), Shrek Xmas, The Grinh Stole Xmas( cartoon version -never seen Jim Carey version-yet ), Charlie Brown Xmas , Rudolph Red Nose Reindeer Claymation, Frosty the Snowman cartoon , Holiday Inn ( Bing Crosby sings ” White Xmas” in it ), Polar Express,Ernest Saves Xmas , many others, just can’t think of them off hand…

Ones I don’t care for… A Xmas Carol ( with Alistair Sims -the old black/white version) , newer version of Miracle on 34th Street with little actress from Mrs Doubtfire , for now these are ones offhand I can think of I don’t care for…

Also can apply to Made For Just TV /Netflix to both enjoyingnot as well but I can’t recall all that I’ve seen on those to name specifically

Dave Johnston replied 1 year, 9 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Dave Johnston

13/12/2022 at 19:10

I love the ending of Trains Plane & Automobiles. Still brings a tear to my eyes. National Lampoon is also great.

• Jacki Hopper

15/12/2022 at 00:04

Another John Candy classic.. I miss him in movies and SCTV

• Dave Johnston

15/12/2022 at 04:35

I really miss him. He was a joy and so many of his movies made me laugh and/or tear up.

• Michael Rife

14/12/2022 at 00:50

I hate to sound like Scrooge, but I am not crazy about any Christmas movies. A Wonderful Life is a classic…….so is Miracle on 34th Street. But, I don’t watch them every year. Mike.

• Jürgen

14/12/2022 at 07:36

Hi Jacki,

I once thought about which Christmas films I like to watch. There are surprisingly few. OK, the Griswolds and their crazy Christmas story are one of them. Shrek, Ice Age and Co. Christmas specials are also part of it and of course The Peanuts and „A Christmas Carol“ by Charles Dickens, but then? The old US classics are always on TV, but that’s not my thing. And then I have to go back very far to my childhood: Three Nuts for Aschenbrödel. You would say: Cinderella. (we call the character „Aschenputtel“ or „Aschenbrödel“, similar story but different origin). It’s an enchanting fairy tale adaptation produced in the former Czechoslovakia. Not as glamorous as the Hollywood and Disney product lines. Simpler and yet therefore actually more beguiling and enchanting. It’s now a real cult film for us, even for adults. The title music of this film was re-produced a few years ago and sounds like this (the original is purely instrumental):

PS: I hope the video runs in your region

https://youtu.be/-_el0Jdq6H8

• Daryl Jones

14/12/2022 at 14:55

Not a lot of Christmas movies that I don’t care for, but I don’t re-watch many of them either. Seems that the networks and streaming feeds start with them too early for my tastes, but they must get praise because they are everywhere. That’s just me

• Jung Roe

15/12/2022 at 02:46

Hi Jacki

Wow, that is a big list of faves you have. I like to re-watching some of the old classics like “A Wonderful Life”, and that animated “Little Drummer Boy” that come to mind. Though not movies, I enjoy the Christmas cartoons too like “Peanuts”, “Frosty The Snowman”, “Snowman, Walking In The Air”, “Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer”, “The Grinch” original Dr Seuss cartoon, and some of the newer movies.

I can’t think of any that I don’t like really.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!