MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Yesterday – New movie coming out

• Jung Roe

19/02/2019 at 06:58

Just saw the trailer Tomas.  That sounds like it will be a pretty interesting and fun movie.  The last part of the trailer is hilarious when the real supposed Beatles say Hey Jude was really Hey Dude. ????

• Howard

19/02/2019 at 09:22

Yes Tomás. An Australian author, Nick Millican’s ‘Enormity’ (2009), has a similar plot. You can purchase his book on Amazon. A little darker (more adult) than the Danny Boyle, Richard Curtis ‘Yesterday’ movie. Nick isn’t to happy about it for some reason!

I think ‘Yesterday’ is going to be huge, considering Richard Curtis and Danny Boyle are involved. Yes, it’s a pity MLT didn’t get a gig, but then again, they can write their own material and don’t need to claim someone else’s as their own.

• Michael Rife

19/02/2019 at 13:00

Hi Tomas;

Yes, I have heard of it.  I posted it on the MLT FB fan page the other day.  I am so intrigued by this movie.  During the trailer they gave the perfect “hook” by having two guys claim to being the real songwriters of the performer’s Beatles songs.  During that part of the trailer the camera only shows their feet:  one is barefoot and the other has shoes on.  Now the natural conclusion is that the barefoot one is Paul and the one in shoes is John.  John would be still be around because if there were no Beatles, then he likely would not have been murdered.  Still to include this claim by two other guys in the movie is a huge “hook” to bring people into the theatre.

The movie is going to be released on June 28……not sure if that is the release date in England or globally.  But, it is a movie I really want to see…….just like Bohemian Rhapsody.  Mike.

• Tomás F. Calvo

25/02/2019 at 03:43

I think there are quite a few of us that want to see it. It should be a good movie, and it seems that Paul green lighted it as there are several people with connections to him that would never do it if he didn’t approve.  I feel June 18 might be a better release date, but I guess they’re aiming for the big July 4th prize.

• Jung Roe

25/02/2019 at 05:05

Will definately go see it when that movie comes out in the summer.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!