• yet another one

Posted by Melchior Franz on 30/05/2021 at 18:23

My name is Melchior FRANZ, I’m 54 years old and from Upper Austria. I work as a software developer for an electronics and computer manufacturer (Embedded Linux, STM32). My second job is as an officer in the army “reserve” (LtCol).

On 29AUG20 in the morning I came across “Fanny” on YouTube, an early 70s all-female rock band that I had never heard of before (Beat-Club “BC 73 IV Z 1/1 – 1971-11-23”, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcb1HpH42N8), and this must have been when “You can’t do that” was suggested in the side bar, at least that’s what the YT history implies, though there was one video in between, which has meanwhile been removed, so I cannot tell which it was.

“You can’t do that” was one of the very few videos on YT that made me subscribe to a channel immediately. It felt like I had found my new favourite band. Not only did I like the song and how it was performed, the girls seemed to enjoy doing so and Mona seemed to smile through the whole song. The next video was “Drive my car”. When I found out that the twins are fellow Austrians, I wasn’t only surprised but also a little proud.

Other music I like is Jazz, organ music, Kate and Anna McGarrigle, Judee Sill, Eva Cassidy, Regina Spektor etc. I didn’t grow up with the Beatles, but every time I heard one of their songs I thought that I really should be having some of their records. I’m afraid that will not happen, now that I’ve found the twins.

People who know me call me Melchior, the others usually call me Franz, because nobody can believe that this is my second name. Yeah, the name is kind of backwards.

Melchior Franz replied 3 years, 3 months ago 6 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Jung Roe

30/05/2021 at 22:19

Welcome to the Club Melchior! MLTs “You Can’t Do That” is so brilliantly done, love it. Austria looks like a beautiful magical place, one of the places I want to visit one day. In one of the archive photo slideshows, Mona and Lisa shared their trip to the Austrian Alps with their grand parents and it is breathtaking. I would of course have to do a pilgrimage to Vienna. Hope you have a wonderful time here at the Club with all the rich content.

• Jacki Hopper

31/05/2021 at 06:03

Hi Melchior-Franz, from myself, I’d like to wish you a #MLTBuzzLuvGroovified Welcome to the MLT Club here, you’re going to absolutely love all it has to offer, the commanderie amongst everyone here, etc.????

• Johnnypee Parker

31/05/2021 at 15:19

Hi Melchior. You Can’t Do That is awesome. Welcome. There is a lot to see here. I always like to suggest the skydiving video in the out and about section. These two are fearless. The soundtrack for it is really kool, too.

This comment under You Can’t Do That sums up MLT’s feelings for their fans.
    “We can still recall the overwhelming feeling of support and appreciation we felt at the end of that gig. Thank you to those who made that and all the other nights there so much fun.”

Have fun exploring

JP

• Melchior Franz

04/06/2021 at 13:20

Hey,

thanks for the friendly reception everyone. I’ll certainly check out all the club contents over time. I haven’t started yet, though there’s barely a day where I don’t watch at least one of the videos on YT.

When it comes to visiting Austria: yes, I think it’s worthwhile. A nice mixture of beautiful nature and history. But then again, that’s true for most of Europe. 🙂

m.

• Refugio Arellano

06/06/2021 at 20:43

Welcome to the Club Melchior!

Best regards.

• Rudolf Wagner

Administrator
    14/06/2021 at 15:58

Hi Melchior!

A big “hello/servus” from both of us, thanks for joining the MLT Club, fellow Austrian!

We love that the band Fanny brought you to our music! They did some great stuff and are still an inspiration to many.

You are right, we are enjoying what we are doing, on and off stage! 🙂 So we are extremely thankful for this community here who is making it possible for us to keep doing more of it.

Alles Liebe nach Oberösterreich and always stay groovy,

Mona & Lisa

• Melchior Franz

15/06/2021 at 21:18

Hey Mona & Lisa,

well, thanks for your music and your videos! It feels great to take part in your journey and to be somewhat closer to you and your biggest fans.

When you were born I lived in Vienna and I like to think that we ran across each other some time in the following years. I went to university back then (dropping out later 🙂 and volunteered for the Red Cross in the 22nd district as an ambulance driver, social worker etc. I don’t think I ever visited your home village, though.

Happy Birthday und auch alles Liebe!

Melchior

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!