MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion You Light Up My World

• You Light Up My World

Posted by Brian St. August on 15/12/2019 at 02:56

Having started out as a songwriter and musician, it would seem appropriate for me to ask about something specific to your music and presentation. However, I recognize greatness when I am around it and I only want to tell you how much I appreciate everything you do, but perhaps one thing most of all. I think one of the most attractive qualities of Mona & Lisa is the fact that you take your ART very seriously, BUT you don’t take YOURSELVES seriously and that is so refreshing. The Beatles had that characteristic about them and you can’t mimic it, you just have to be it. I just love your little affectionate teasing you do to each other and also how you just go with the flow. For example on “A World Without Love” and the wind blows Lisa’s hair to the point that it totally blocks her face, it’s just so much fun and so unpretentious. I love your music, your voices, your harmonies and your playing … but I think I really love the people you are and the love you bring to your art.

Jung Roe replied 4 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Howard

15/12/2019 at 03:47

Well put Brian. My sentiments exactly. They certainly take their art seriously without taking themselves seriously. Their total unpretentiousness is so refreshing in the world of pop music and their self deprecating humour is delightful.

• Jacki Hopper

17/12/2019 at 04:07

I echo both of your sentiments and agree wholeheartedly ?

• Jung Roe

18/12/2019 at 05:55

Hi Brian.  Very good point you make about MLT taking their art very seriously but having a light hearted attractive easiness.  I notice this especially in their radio interviews.  They are a lot like the Beatles in this way.  Mona and Lisa carry themselves so well in interviews, relaxed , confident, witty, sense of humor.  Listening to them or watching them, they are just so likable and adorable.  So many big bands came across awkward or timid in the interview environment, but not the Beatles nor MLT.  They attribute a lot of the Beatles immediate love and acceptance in the USA  to their charm and sense of humor when they were being interviewed.

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!