MonaLisa Twins Homepage Forums MLT Club Forum General Discussion Your favorite MLT merch

• Jung Roe

04/03/2019 at 03:18

Jacki.  I watched original movie/series too when it first came out and I agree Meghan Follows portrayed that character the best.  Was my mom and little sister’s absolute fave series when it came out.  A real classic.  When Howard mentioned ink wells and girls with pony tails, this famous cute scene from Ann of Green Gables just flashed back to me.

• Howard

04/03/2019 at 06:18

“that big black slate would come crashing down upon his little head”.

I think with Lisa Jung, it might be more a case of, bang, bang, Lisa’s silver hammer came down upon his head, clank, clank, Lisa’s silver hammer made sure that he was dead’!

• Howard

05/05/2019 at 07:51

I’ve just watched the video “Ink – Written by Hand (#INKdoc)” again. You have exquisite tastes Jung (duh! what else can we expect from a MonaLisa Twins fan). Not only a beautiful video, beautiful music to match. There was a time in my life when I was so depressed that not even my favourite sixties music could cheer me up. Mozart was the only music I could listen to in order to sooth my tortured mind, along with some Vivaldi. Of course in those days we didn’t have the benefit of the MLT!

• Jung Roe

05/05/2019 at 08:59

Hi Howard.  Thanks for those kind words.  I guess I am a little passionate when it comes to pens, especially fountain pens.  My mom I remember always had a nice pen in her purse and remember bottles of ink lying around, so years later I guess that made me appreciate them even more.  My recommendation for a good starter fountain pen would be the Lamy Safari.  In the fountain pen community, this pen is quite legendary and there is quite a following for this pen and brand because it is so well made and designed, affordable, and writes as good as the highest end fountain pens.  Another reason to get this one is because Mona and Lisa have them too, a white and a red one.  🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgao0JloxLU

Back when I first discovered Mona and Lisa and their wonderful music and youtube videos, I sent them a couple of these pens just to express my gratitude for all the joy and comfort I found in their music, as I was going through some hard times too after my mom passed away a year earlier, as well as losing my best friend Max (9 years old German Shepard) to an illness.  When I saw the wonderful art Mona created with one of those pens recently, it  really touched me and made me so happy too.  I’ve never seen something so wonderful created with a fountain pen; I was blown away when I saw this.   Thanks Mona and Lisa!

Midnight Thoughts – By Mona

Midnight Thoughts

• Howard

05/05/2019 at 09:11

Thanks for sharing this Jung. The pen looks awesome and I particularly like the ergonomic design. But so many lovely colours to choose from! I might just have to purchase two, my own MLT pens in yellow and red!

• Jacki Hopper

05/05/2019 at 13:43

My 4 color choices for these fountain pens you speak of… And though I’ve never used one…. (I’d spill more ink all over rather than into the pen-lol )… But would love to tackle to draw /doodle and of course write poems with… My 4 choice colours : Purple/Fuschia Pink /Yellow /Red…. Backups would be Black/Grey/Green/Blue… I’d have no idea where you could get these pens or cost… I’d like to buy in an actual store… As in walk into store browse around… & etc. ???✒️?️???❤️

• Howard

05/05/2019 at 15:20

Of course you would choose purple Jacki. I wouldn’t worry about spilling ink as they come with replacement cartridges for clumsy souls like us. I’m having trouble purchasing mine as they only seem to be available in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, countries that share a common language strangely enough. I have emailed them requesting more information on how their products can be purchased from the dark side of the moon, LOL!  I’ll let you know if I receive a reply to my email request to them.

I did try their official search (as follows), but drew a blank.
    “Official LAMY online shop for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. For shipping to other countries, please use our retailer search.”

However, I did manage to find a product from an Australian Amazon web site as follows:
    Lamy Unisex Safari Steel Nib Plastic Fountain Pen – Black – Medium Nib
    Price: $36.95  Size: Medium
    The grip is shaped in such a way that increases comfort giving you maximum control. It is detailed with Lamy branding that can be seen through the stylish curved clip. Superbly crafted from plastic and includes a metal curved clip, ergonomic grip and is fitted with a polished steel nib. Compatible with the Lamy giant ink cartridge and Z 24 converter. Coming complete in a Lamy gift box it would make the perfect present. 3 new from $36.95 + $4.95 Delivery

Alternatively, your very bright fellow Canadian from the pacific coast might be able to provide more information.

• Jung Roe

05/05/2019 at 19:23

Hi Howard, Jacki

I get all my fountain pens online.  Amazon.com (Amazon.ca in Canada) is a good source.  A very reputable online pen store is Goulet Pens

These pens were produced since 1980 so if you look carefully, you can find all the colors you mentioned Jacki and much more.  Some Pen Stores I see in Ottawa are:  Wallacks 231 Bank, Paper Papier 18 Clarence.

For people new to fountain pens, I usually recommend an extra-fine (EF) or fine (F) width nib, as the lines run much broader with fountain pens than what you might be use to using ball pens.

• Jacki Hopper

05/05/2019 at 23:09

Thanks Jung… I know of those 2 Ottawa stores… I pass Wallacks all the time either on bus or if I’m walking around downtown and the one on Clarence you mentioned…. I have an idea where that is located at… I’ll have to see and perhaps buy a Purple one for starters down the road at some point… Lol

• Jung Roe

06/05/2019 at 04:30

You welcome Jacki!  I think a purple Lamy Safari will be gorgeous.  I know they came out with a special edition one called “Dark Lilac” a few years ago, and if you search the net, I am sure you could find yourself one.  🙂

Dark Lilac

• Howard

06/05/2019 at 03:17

Thanks for this Jung. I just registered with Goulet Pens. Awesome web site and I have already watched the video, ‘Fountain Pen 101’ and look forward to educating myself further through more of their videos.

Jacki, you’ll be pleased to know they have an extensive range of fountain pens in an extensive range of beautiful colours.

Of course whatever fountain pen/s I purchase will be for special purposes and I will continue to rely on my also quite awesome MLT pens for everyday use and MLT marketing purposes.

• Jung Roe

06/05/2019 at 04:23

Hi Howard.  You welcome, and Brian and Rachel Goulet are one of the best online fountain pen resources on the net.  I’ve spent hours learning so much from them about all things fountain pen, and their online shop is awesome.

If you want to catch a glimpse of the MLT Lamy Safari, here is a Facebook GIF they posted a couple of years ago.  I assume this red one is Lisa’s and the white one is Mona’s.  I was new back then and didn’t realize Mona’s color is yellow, but I think the white pen looks elegantly cool anyway as does the red.

https://www.facebook.com/MonaLisaTwins/videos/1524079784318534/

Here is mine, a special edition blacked out Petrol (matte blue-greenish) Lamy Safari.

Lamy Safari Petrol Feb 14 2018 1

• Howard

06/05/2019 at 07:00

That’s an awesome pen of yours Jung.

Now why does the MonaLisa GIF remind me of Mr Squiggle? I know this is getting off topic, but it wasn’t just children who loved Mr Squiggle! Worth googling if you have the time.

“Mr. Squiggle (originally also known as Mr. Squiggle and Friends) is an Australian children’s television series, and the name of the title character from that ABC show. The show was presented on television in many formats, between its inception on July 1, 1959 and 1999, from five-minute slots to a one-and-a-half-hour variety show featuring other performers, and has had several name changes, originally airing as Mr. Squiggle and Friends. At its height, the program was one of the most popular children’s programs in Australia and toured theatre and conventions, entertaining several generations who grew with the program. It became one of the longest-running children’s programs on Australian television.”

“The basic premise of the show remained the same: children wrote in with their “squiggles” and Mr. Squiggle would turn them into recognisable drawings by connecting lines with his pencil nose. More often than not, the picture would be drawn upside down (Hetherington manipulated the puppet from above by viewing the drawing upside down), and then Mr. Squiggle would gleefully declare, “Upside down! Upside down!”—asking his assistant to turn the picture the right way up and reveal the completed drawing.”

• Howard

06/05/2019 at 08:23

Hi Jacki. I just received the following reply from Germany:

“Dear Mr. Bedwell,

thank you very much for your e-mail.

Unfortunately we only deliver to Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Julia Otten

LAMY Shop GmbH”

However, I think Jung has given the best contacts for you in Canada.

• Jung Roe

06/05/2019 at 10:00

Hi Howard.  Looks like there are a couple good brick and mortar pen shops in Brisbane.

Pen and Ink at 410 Queen Street:  https://penandink.com.au/about/

Also The Pen Shoppe: Brisbane Arcade, Shop 24, 117 Adelaide St, Brisbane City QLD 4000,

• Howard

06/05/2019 at 10:32

Thanks for this Jung. I’ll definitely be checking them out this week. Funny how I didn’t check my own backyard out first. I was intending to eventually though. The two shops are fairly close, in parallel streets.

Page 2 of 4

Let's stay in touch!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

+ Get 4 FREE songs!

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs! ♥

We’d love to keep you up to date on new releases, videos & more. If you sign up to our newsletter we will also send you 4 of our favourite songs!